Chapter 13

As the weeks continued to pass by, Charming kept true to his words, treating Max like a prince and it was causing his feelings to grow deeper and deeper as the days passed and originally it was days, then it became weeks and the two were spending pretty much every second of their time together, setting up dates and getting to know more about each other.

Charming continued to act like a gentleman and despite kissing him on the first night of them meeting, he hadn't acted upon his desires to do it again and that was kind of causing Max to begin to get frustrated, because he found himself often looking at the lips of the other and thinking about how much he wanted nothing more than to kiss them again. However, he was too shy to bring it up again. So rather there was a series of chaste touches that went between them, the flickering of gazes shifting to the other's lips when they were assured the other wasn't looking. There was a desire looming in the air of the both of them, both desiring to feel the lips of the other on their own again, but neither of them daring to make a move to act upon the desire so it stayed that. A desire.

However, that all changed when they were once again in the garden, however this time it was a night unlike the first time that they adventured out here. They were once again sitting on a blanket, but this time under the night sky. They were sat closer together, their hands meeting in the middle and fingers brushing over one another's in a series of 'accidental' touches, but neither daring to entwine their hand in the others either.

They were just talking about anything and everything, Max once again reveling in the way that the light of the moonlight seemed to hit Charming perfectly, again illuminating his features like the sun had the first time he found him in the garden. That made it almost impossible to look away, however, the light seemed to make his lips look even more plump than usual, but this time he wasn't quick enough to move his gaze so that the other didn't catch his staring.

Charming raised an eyebrow when he caught him staring, a quite amused smile resting on his expression. "May I help you?" He asked, his tone teasing and almost knowing about Max's desires that were bubbling up inside of him, desires he was trying very hard to push down so that he didn't act on impulse and cause a repeat of the first night that they kissed. This felt like they had an opportunity to have a do-over in a sense, have a kiss that was almost like their first or at least how their first should have been. At a time when they knew each other better and some feelings had actually had time to grow, more than the basic attraction felt on the first night.

He looked down at the ground, an embarrassed blush tinting his cheeks and he opened his mouth, the admission almost being on the tip of his tongue, but no words coming out as he shut his mouth again. The night was quiet, a soft breeze being almost all he could hear, and the faint sound of breathing. He heard a shift, the sound of Charming moving closer, yet he couldn't make himself look up from the floor. He only could when he felt a finger under his chin, pushing his face up so that he became locked in his gaze. 

"Why so quiet?" He asked, his eyes searching his gaze and trying to pinpoint the desires that he was trying to hide underneath the surface.

"You don't need to be so shy, my prince. If you want something from me, anything from me," he said, adding the emphasis to show how he almost knew what he wanted. "All you have to do is ask."

Max thought he was pretty confident, but it was almost liked he seemed to become so shy around him and he couldn't ask for what he wanted, even though he desperately wanted to. Rather, he looked away, and that caused the Prince to admit a sigh, which made Max almost feel guilty that he was too shy to admit that he wanted nothing more than to kiss him again.

"The stars look really bright tonight," he said instead, looking up at the night sky. The stars almost twinkling, and if he looked over at the Prince again he felt like he could just see the reflection of them twinkling in his eye too, and somehow that was greater than the twinkle of the stars in the night sky.

"They do," he hummed in agreement, moving his hand slightly to brush over his thumb and Max looked at him, Charming meeting his gaze.

"Max..." he said, his tone making Max look at the ground again, almost fearful of what he was going to say.

"It's been a couple of weeks since you've moved in now and even though I think I am pretty certain that you have feelings growing for me, I can't be sure. I wanted to bring you out here tonight to ask, but I didn't really want to ruin the mood. I know it is possibly still too soon for you to tell how you're feeling, but I don't really want to continue doing this if my efforts are going in vain. I really like you, I just want my feelings to be returned," he sighed, his tone very sincere and it made Max's heartache. Had he not been doing enough to show his feelings for him? He supposed that he hadn't really, he was too focused on burying them down, too embarrassed by them that he had clearly caused the prince to doubt his feelings.

He sighed, turning around and encouraging the Prince to do the same. With a hesitant movement, he leaned in slightly closer, his eyes closed and almost asking for the prince to move in and close the distance. He didn't disappoint, Max feeling himself leaning back as he brought a hand to cup his cheek, feeling the prince's lips on his own as he kissed him deeply. He pulled back after a while, slightly breathless. "I know that isn't really an answer, but I hope it will be enough for now," he muttered.

The prince had a small, dazed smile on his face, as he fully entwined their fingers, looking back at the night sky. "I think it will be..." he hummed out, making Max feel happy. It would be, for now.