Chapter 14

There was about a week left until a month had passed and the Prince was growing evermore nervous. He didn't want to rush Max into making a decision, but with a week left to make a decision, he was curious to have any indication of whether he had made a decision or not.

So he decided that he would use this week to do a selection of things that would hopefully convince him, not that he really knew how he could do that, but he would try nevertheless.

The first night, he just asked him if he wanted to accompany watching a movie and he agreed. The movie ended up getting abandoned in favour of having a conversation between the two, somehow the both laughing and smiling widely from their conversation. He took that as a good sign, especially as they ended up falling asleep close to one another, having getting tangled together while they slept. That made them wake up to both be a flushed mess, but somehow he felt that was an indication they had already gotten closer.

The second day, he wanted him to be able to take him out to explore. So surprisingly the Prince and Max were actually allowed out back into the city, Max showing him around with an enthusiastic smile and excited tone as he explained where they were, showing him places special to him. Max liked the fact he was able to show to him, surprised himself by the fact that he seemed to want to show his special places to someone. Charming was more honoured to see them, but the thing he was most honoured to see was the genuine enthusiasm, passion and excitement on his face as he showed him all those things. It made him smile

The third day was one he wasn't really looking forward too, it was a meal with their parents. Although, they had one before this time it was different because Max's parents had always been invited and it caused him to have bile almost build up in his throat. Max wasn't very close to his parents, but Charming could still valued them immensely and they were still important to him despite that. Surprisingly though, they seemed to light up and actually have genuine conversations, the two parents end up talking to each other as Charming glanced over the table and giving Max a wide smile, throwing his head slightly to the right to indicate for him to come with him.

They both left the table that evening, sneaking off to have a conversation in the corridor away from the table that had somehow ended up with the Prince being no longer able to refrain from kissing him, as he pushed him slightly against the wall and kiss him with a sense of desperation, Max seeming to match the kiss with the same amount of desperation and greediness, them both returning to the table after a while with a faint blush dusted on both of their cheeks and their parents almost giving both of them a knowing smile.

The fourth day Max wanted to next seemingly wanted to get Max to meet his little amount of friends, which he kind of questioned, but agreed to nevertheless. So they came to the castle, almost fangirling over the fact that they were in one and he was thankful Max had been so cool about it. He was more nervous to meet his friends than his parents for some reason, but they seemed to like him and the one thing he questioned was how overly touch Max seemed to be with him around his friends, but he didn't ask. He didn't mind the touches after all so, he didn't find it a big deal.

The fifth day was when they talked about it, curled up in bed again to have a days rest after he felt a little emotionally exhausted having met both is parents and his friends in the space of two days. Max has decided to sneak into his Chambers and Max raised an eyebrow, but shifted over on his bed and decided to ask him about why Max had been overly affectionate again, Max providing him a simple shrug thst didn't answer his question, but Charming didn't press. He just accepted it as always because again he didn't mind.

The sixth day he found himself actually spending the day away from Max as he had Royal duties to attend to and he found himself missing him dearly, the people informing him that Max had been looking him which caused him to feel more guilty, but he couldn't leave his work to meet him despite it. However, he did find some of his work ended up being neglected to plan another date for the next day.

The final day of the week, Charming set up another date that reminder them of their first, he had made sure everything was absolutely perfect again. Max smiled at the sight when he arrived, having missed him greatly the day they spent apart.

"Hello, my Prince. I hope everything is to your liking again, I wanted to make this like our first date," he greeted with a shy smile.

"See, this is the reason that I want to marry you!" Max proclaimed.

"You what?" Charming asked, tilting his head slightly as he raised an eyebrow to almost check that he had heard that correctly, looking over at Max because he didn't think he had even realised what he had just said.

"Uhm-" Max flushed slightly as he looked down at the floor, before glancing back at him. "I said- that I uhm..." he gulped. "I want to marry you."

"You-you do?" "Charming asked, looking up at him with slight disbelief both in his voice and in his eyes. Yet, the sense of hope in his voice was evident too, part of him couldn't believe it, but at the same time he knew he wouldn't say something like that if it wasn't true-

"Yeah. I do." Max confirmed with a more sure nod, even though he could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest, feeling almost breathless everytime he said the admission. The Prince was stunned, seemingly too gobsmacked to say anything.

He hadn't expected Max to admit that first, I mean obviously he had wanted to marry him almost since the first moment they met, but now having gotten to spend a month with him he had grown even more sure, not wanting to spend a day apart.

"I want to marry you too," he said after a moment of silence. "But-" he paused, pursing his lips. "I guess there is one thing I need to do then in order to make this sure," he said, pulling out the ring that he had kept in his pocket for whenever he could ask.

He moved around to get on one knee, his breathing heavy as he did so. He was nervous, no longer the brave Prince that had kissed him on the first night. He looked up at him, Max's eyes widened as he saw him. "I guess I should ask the question then shouldn't I? So...Max. Will you do the honour of marrying me?" He asked.