▪︎TWENTY SEVEN

Bright lights emitted the room, as a certain woman woke from her sleep

Bright lights emitted the room, as a certain woman woke from her sleep. She glanced around the unfamiliar room, only then she had realised where she was.

Slowly sitting up, she ignored the burning sensation in her throat. A jug of water was beside her, along with paper cups that was stacked up neatly. Tilting the jug, she saw as the empty paper cup was how full. She drank the water, feeling the burning sensation die down a little.

She turned around, startled to see a certain blue haired male on the couch of the room, sleeping peacefully. Chaerin  observed the male, who had seemed to be freezing, only wearing a plain shirt and some jeans.

"This boy." She shooked her head. Grabbing the blanket from her bed, she walked towards the male who was dead asleep and place it carefully on the figure. She let a small smile as she saw the male pouting a little in his sleep.

A small knock on the door startled her once again as seat saw Aerum at the door. She walked towards her, closing the door behind her. "Your test results are back." Aerum handed her the papers. "It seems like you had bad food poisoning that caused you to vomit." Chaerin turned the pages over, scanning her reports again. "However." Aerum spoke again. Chaerin turned to look at her. "We found traces of Ipecac syrup in your system."

"Ipecac what now"

The two of them turned around, watching as Jaemin took a piece of candy from the small glass container on the counter of the clinic as he spoke. is eyes were still blurry from the fact that he had just woken up. "It's a medicine that is used to make people vomit." Aerum says.

"And I know exactly who did it." 

"You like her

"You like her."

Jeno, Renjun and Jaemin sat in the base, helping Renjun clean some equipment and ear speaker for their next mission. Renjun cleaned his headsets and keyboard while the other two cleaned the many earpieces scattered everywhere. 

"I would rather step on  a rusted nail than ever fall in love with that woman." Jaemin rolled his eyes. There were many reasons why he despised her. Hate was a strong word to be used on her, especially for the fact that they've only ran into each other multiple times and had only one mission together, all which either Jaemin or Chaerin  tried killing each other.

She made his blood boil

"If you despise her, as you say "He heard Jeno speak. "Why did you let her smoke with you. You're not the type of person to allow someone to stand  a few feet away from you when you do so, so why her? Don't forget the fact that you literally slept in the same room with her--"

"JAEMIN DID WHAT?!"

The three of them turned around, eyes widen as they saw Jaehyun and Taeyong at the doorway. As the three of them hung their head low, Jaehyun walked in, more towards Jaemin. "I slept on the couch in her room yesterday. Not beside her on the bed." Jaemin explained. Jaehyun turned to Taeyong, who looked back at him.

And then they started laughing.

Tp be confused was an understandment. Jaemin furrowed his eyes as they saw the pair catch their breaths. "We know you wouldn't, but we know it would probably happen." Taeyong burst into laughter again as Jaemin sighed, grabbing the towel as he aggressively wiped more of the ear piece. He heard Renjun scream, saying that he needed to be careful with the earpiece and Jeno mimicking him. 

"Operation Jaerin starts now." 

"Oh shut up Jeno."

We all need a friend like Jeno wbk