CHAPTER EIGHT

My attention was paid on the television, watching a drama series. A lone tear fell from my eye, moved of the scene.

Handa na sanang bumuhos ang luha ko nang biglang tumunog ang cellphone na nasa ibabaw ng drawer kaya napahinto ang kaartehan ko.

I immediately pick up my phone thinking that it was Elisha. It's sunday, our day off so I'm not expecting any calls aside from Elisha.

My lips opened, ready to speak when a baritone voice from the other line speak. I stilled, trying to figure who's behind the call. I check the screen of my phone to check the number but it was too late for me to realize that the call is from an unknown number.

"Where are you?" The guy from the other line asked. I squeeze my eyes and automatically gritted my teeth when I recognize who's the caller. It was Clyden Hudson, I'm sure of it.

When did he got my number and what does he wanted?

To avoid getting involve on him again. I use my acting skill to fool the other line. "Good day, Ma'am/sir. This is Venixe from mauve call center, how are you today?"

The other line went silent. "I-I'm fine. Sorry, I guess I dialed a wrong number. Have a great day!" He said in panic and quickly ended the line. I can't help it, I burst into laugh. That fool made my day.

Because of what just happened, I decide to end the petty drama so I turned off the television and fix my look before I went out to walk my pet.

Wano; my dog and I, went around the park not to far in the condo building where I stay. Hindi rin kami nagtagal roon dahil sobrang gulo ng alaga ko kaya agad ko rin itong inuwi, pero bago pa man iyon ay huminto muna kami sa bibilhan ng mga street foods at doon ako bumili ng makakain.

I sighed. "Being alone is boring but peaceful at the same time," I talked to myself. Elisha isn't here because they have a family gathering, while Zenon also left me earlier because of something. He remind me not to go out alone but I can't stay in my condo alone either.

As we walk back to the condo, my eye laid on a snatcher who secretly took something inside the pocket of the lady. I sighed but I didn't made a move, instead, I act like I haven't saw anything.

I somehow wish to be blind rather than to witness every small bad things happening in this world. As the day passes, the world is getting cruel and cruel. And as a reporter, I witness it all.

It was hard for me to act like a blind when in fact that I can see everything. I wanted to help but I'm not that strong, I remain silent, afraid to get involve.

I keep walking like nothing happened but my eyes was locked on the snatcher who just surpass at me, but in my surprise he suddenly fell at the ground and someone step on his back. I immediately pull my dog and distance myself to them.

A foolish smirk curved in my lips, "I can't believe that there are still people who aren't coward as me," I chuckled and lead my way.

"Have you seen that, Wano? If you become a human, choose to be kind, okay?" I talked to my dog, the later just move his tail so I smiled and we both enter the unit.

I look around, checking if Zenon is still there but there's no one. What time is it? I'm worried. I wonder where is he.

Of that thought, I look for my phone inside my pocket but I can't feel it, my heart beat started to beat craze and I started to get panic. Did I just lost it?

I slap my forehead and let out a loud breath out of frustration. "Bakit 'yung sobrang importante pa?" Inis na reklamo ko sa sarili at napaluha na lamang.

Nang biglang gumawa ng inggay ang door bell ay napahinto ako. Thinking that it was Zenon, I immediately wipe my tears and opened the door with a smile, but in my disappointment, an unexpected person surprise me.