CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"The answer is NO, Ms. Sartori, but if you still insist after how many times I take down your request then go wherever you want but don't comeback." Mr. Hawkins strickly replied while leading the way to the cafeteria, but I didn't stop there.

I keep on tailing him since this morning but the Head keep on rejecting my request. I was just asking for one month vacation for this upcoming summer season next month.

I already made a promise to Clyden, I can't just cancel it. So if I have to beg our Mr. Hawkins, then so be it.

"Are you sure about it?" I grinned at him because of what he said.

Well, if he say so, then I'll do it. Not to brag but there are lot of other station that giving me request to enter their networks. Leaving this station means nothing to me after all. All I wanted to is to give a report to the public people, I don't mind working anywhere.

If they let me go, it's their loss, not mine.

And Mr. Hawkins must be aware of that. He stopped from walking and face me, then he take a deep sighed.

"The country turns upside down, Tamara. We're facing crisis because of the war between rebels, you said it yourself. You can't just leave us here, we need you! The public people needs you." Mariin na sagot nito na kinalunok ko na lamang saka ako nito tinalikuran at nag-umpisa nang maglakad ito papalayo, naiwan naman ako saglit sa kinatatayuan ko.

I take a deep breath before I shouted. "That's the point!" Then I started to follow him again.

"The rebels are having conflict to the town, and we shouldn't stick our nose to them anymore. They threaten us once, pretty sure that they can kill us. We better focus on something, not to them. I already give up! We can't do anything anymore to them, all we can do is to let them make a havoc all over the town." I said with a lpud voice that made everyone's attention payed on me, followed by mumblings.

So I speak again to clarify things. "Sounds selfish, isn't it? But that's what really is! All we can do it protect the people physically away from them because we can't avoid the conflict anymore. But how can we do it if the government itself covers this mess?"

I can't help but to expose everything I know right know. Clyden himself tells me everything and I trust his words. He knew it of course, he's one of the those hundred of rebells after all.

Mr. Hawkins suddenly scoffed. "That's selfish of you," he simply answered that made me speechless.

I bit my lower lips to take a deep sighed.

He's right. I am acting selfish and I can't argue with that. But what's wrong of keeping my friends away from this conflict? I don't want to put our company on line again. I'm afraid to lose a friend once more. For as much as possible, I just wanted to avoid it.

My hand secretly gripped of pissed.

"Well then, if you say so, then I'll resign now. I don't care anymore of what happened to these people inside the station. I might sounds coward, but I'd rather run away, than to face those rebels that are too much to handle. We're all going to die if we keep our nose stick on them." I shrugged and turn my back to everyone, then I started to walk away, with a frustration written all over my face.

I sighed. Can't he just let me have some fun for a month or so? Do we really need to end up like this?

I honestly hate the idea of me leaving this company. I have a lot of friends here. But I leave no choice.

"Wait, wait, fine! Okay, one month vacation. But in one deal?" Mr. Hawkins stopped me before I leave the cafeteria.

My eyes widden a bit as I slowly face him. The Head take a deep sighed, holding his temple.