CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"… Are you calm now?" Clyden asked in a low tone of voice while caressing my hair gently. I nod my head but I didn't speak.

My head went blank since that time. And up until now, I'm not yet recovered. But I feel better than earlier, tho my chest still feels heavy.

I can feel that anytime, I will literally lost my concious.

I wanted to fall into deep sleep and run away from the reality. And my system goes along with me. All of my strength disappear, and my eye lid felt heavy, but I stopped myself from shuting down.

This is not time for that. There are things I have to do at least, before I fainted.

The day isn't yet about to end, but I felt so exhausted. Everything is too much to handle. My head will explode if this chaotic day continued like this.

"You better take a rest for now— "

I cutted Clyden off by the word "no."

"But, Darlin— "

"No."

Clyden take a sigh and nod his head. Can't do anything but to listen.

"What should I do, Clyden?" I asked him with a trembling voice, my eyes started to water in tears again.

Clyden hugged me again tightly. "Honestly... We can't do anything about it. If you're still thinking that he's innocent, take a look at this."

Then he handed me his phone. In confusion, I opened it.

"W-What is this?" I asked him when Red and his conversation appear at the screen. Clyden didn't answer but he gesture me to read it, so I did.

At the conversation. Clyden confront Red of what he did. It was the same night when they pointed a gun on Zenon.

Clyden says, "you shouldn't have done it. Tamara get mad for real, Zenon is the last friend she have. I hope you understand her action earlier. But what you did is actually too much. I'd never give you permission to hold a gun. Where and when did you get that?"

About a minute, Red replied. "I'm really sorry. Please send her my apology. It happens that— that guy is enemy, isn't he?"

"And oh— about the gun, it's for personal use. Don't get me wrong, Clyden." Red added with a laughing emoji.

My hand gripped the phone tightly. What does this mean? What did he mean when he say Zenon is an enemy?

The fact that Zenon had a lot of secret on me while I was giving him all my trust pissed me. And what he admit to me just now is worst than the worst.

I went back to the screen to read their conversation.

Clyden replied, "no, he's not. He's a great person, a real jerk tho. And he's my girlfriend's friend."

Red immediately answered. "Spade recognize him when he saw Zenon's image at the table, he said it is Shion Zenon. Code S of the other camp. When Void make an investigation, it is confirmed that he's an assassin and aiming for your girlfriend. His main task is to kill her."

My eyes widden after reading the message. Why? Why it has to be me? I have nothing to do with their lives! I don't even know what's their purpose for doing this!

I wanted to slap myself for being so stupid to defend a killer. I even had a fight agaisnt them when in fact that they're just trying to protect me.

"Why me? I don't even have an idea of what's going on. So why me?" I asked Clyden, full of confusion.

He take a sighed. "Because you knew them. I said it before but I'll say it again. It is because you're a big threat to them, you can expose them on public in just a minute. So to avoid it happen, they have to take you down."

My lips parted. Just damn it.

My jaw clenched before I pay my attention back to the conversation.

12 minutes after when Clyden replied. "Forget it. As long as he didn't make a move. But keep an eye on him."

"Copy that."

And that was the last part of that conversation before Red message him again yesterday, base on the time and date.

Red updated him, "Shion Zenon got arrested and proven guilty at the court, he also admit the crime. And there's a posibility that he'll get a public execution, the citizens are asking for petition."

Clyden didn't reply after that. I take a deep breathe and handed back the phone to Clyden.

"I'm so stupid. Just damn it." I uttered with a gritted teeth.

All this time, I was defending a criminal! And I even had a fight agaisnt those people who are protecting me. I'm so stupid!

"I wanted to ask an apology to them." I sais to Clyden, but when I take a glance at him, he's eyes are outside.

He's not even listening.

And suddenly, he rush towards the driver's seat.

"Yes, let's face them after this." Clyden replied while turning on the engine of the car and lead the way towards the people's park.

The crowd is making a noise, chanting the word "die".

My gaze catch the stage where the criminal is kneeling down infront of the crowd. I immediately left the car and suit myself on the crowd until I arrived at the front row.

"Zenon..." I whisper his name.

The two executor raised their hands, ready to kill hi..

But instead of watching him getting killed infront of me. I closed my eyes and turn my back.

I can't bear to see this.

"Farewell..." I said before I leave the crowd.

I can people's joy, everyone are cheering, having fun that someone is getting kill. Just how cruel the world is.

As the same time when the executer cut his head, the area explode that made everyone panic.

My sight darken, and my hearing went blank for a moment.

My heart started to rumbling in fear when the explosion didn't stop there. The whole area started to burn and all I can do is to look around.

In my surprise, it wasn't just us. But even the buildings at the surroundings are started to explode.

Later when I realize that it was a counter attack from the rebels. And they use Zenon as a bait to caught the people's attention.

This is too much! They're too much! They're demons. Screw them all!