CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"… S-So yeah, that's what exactly happened."

And the silence filled us. I hold my temple for a moment and massage it gently. It feels like my head is going to explode any minute from now after hearing those stories that he said.

With a widen eyes, all I can do is to stare at the wall infront of me. My mind feels like not processing.

Out of nowhere, I found myself gulping as I put a distance between us.

Everything he said was enough for me to get a shiver.

I've always wanted to know his past, but I just regret it. My heart is pounding and I can feel my chest gets tight and all I can do is to talk myself back of my head to remain calm.

"Bullshit." I cursed in a low tone of voice.

"So you're telling me that your mother right now isn't your biologic mom because Zenon's father killed your parents, that's why you hold a grudge on them and killed them for killing your parents. Is that it?" I paraphrase his story for clarification.

I saw him gulped, as he slowly nod his head. My breathings literally stop again for a second time.

"Y-You see, I am too young that time and uh, you know? I don't think properly of my decisions. Yes, uhm, yeah I-I killed them. B-But I told you, I regret it. I also don't know that it was Zenon's parents. I was just— I just remember that day because, I don't kill. They're the only person that I killed."

"A-After that moment, I am ready to kill myself in guilt but... But then, gramps save me. H-He keep me and, yeah, he save me. He feed me, he tried to clean my mind... But since that day, I lost myself. It always feel like... I was, you know? I felt like I'm so dirty. I know I-I am the worst. But then..."

His voice cracked unexpectedly that made me look at him, I swallow real hard seeing how his tears started to fall from his eyes to his cheeks.

I look away to fight my tears when I saw a glimpse of mix emotion can be seen on his eyes. The guilt, sadness, and pain are mixing.

"Please, don't hate me. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Don't please, don't leave. You're the only one I got. You're the only one I got, Darling." He suddenly breakdown.

But I didn't let it affect me, I pay all my attention away from him. I didn't even pay him attention.

"And after that... What did you do?" I asked.

A hint of desperation crossed on his eyes before he continue his story. "I-I tried to live a normal life even tho it hunts me everynight. I was fifteen that time and I grew up underground where I witness every dark side of our world."

"Killers, gamblers, prostitues, drugs, and dealers. I was surrounded by them. Because they, themselves, raised me. They take me when I get lost, they feed me when I am hungry. They gave everything to me, but it also makes my life miserble as hell. I was forced to kill targets, and most of them are politics. I take drugs, and addicted to gambling. I wreack an havoc in the town without being recognize. I made every single worst thing. I live in hell for almost a decade until... I found you."

"Everything is still vidvid in my mind that night." His smile slowly crept, having fun of the flashbacks on his head.

In somehow, my heart fluttered unexpectedly. And I wanted to slap myself for that.

I was trying my hardest to hate him, I don't want to tolerate him. But at the same time, I understand his view of point.

"… And that was the first time I laugh again in my entire life. Everyone knows it."

"And when was that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"The first time you enter the broadcasting industry." He give me a hint that made me look away. My cheek flushed of what he said as the memory from that time flashes on my mind.

That's quite embarrassing. No wonder, he laugh.

"You made a report about the dead body found in the river but you were pointing at the sack that floats in the water, you even pull the camera man to come closer. Not until one of the policemen told you that it was a garbage sack, the body is in the other side of the river— "

"H-Hey! Stop that! Don't change the topic. W-We're talking about you here!" I hissed to stop him. But Clyden's laugh echoed at my room that made me frozen, and I found myself staring at him.

That was the first time in our whole relationship that I saw him laughing this genuine.

His laughters are like a melody that plays on my ears, and all I can do is to listen.

"It was a live broadcasting, Darling! That must be really embarrassing!" He added.

"Yeah, the family almost attack me because they found it disrespectful." I added when I remember everything.

Everyone saw how mad the mother is, I was in a live broadcasting that time. And it is my first time.

I still remember how Elisha and Zenon saved my ass that time, they almost beg for apology of my stupidness.

And no matter how hard I tried to stop my smile, I still found myself smiling when thay core memory made me feel nos​tal​gic.

"And that was the first time, I laugh again." Clyden suddenly went serious but there's a contended smile on his lips.

"And I thought, if this girl finds out about me, what'll be her reaction? She's a patriot, and I am a rebell. You're like an angel, while I live in hell. I've always thought that we cannot be together not until I change myself, until I change my way. So it happens that at the age of 25, I left the society, and there I enter the acting industry. And at the age of 27, I got you."

My heart is pounding real hard that it can break my ribcage. Our gaze was locked at each other's eyes that filled with emotions.

Clyden playfully smiled and me that I can't help but to grin either. Both sharing the same thought so before he made a move, I quickly sat on his lap as we exchange a deep kisses.

His hand are moving go caressed my back and waist, down to my ass that brings me a thrilling sensation.

"To answer what you said earlier, I comepletely doesn't care. I won't leave you even you're satan's son." I smirked as I pull his neck tie to losen it, then I travelled my lips down to his neck, that made Clyden chuckle.

"Damn, that was hot." He whisper before we continue devouring each other's mouth for almost a minute until we can't no longer breathe.

We distance ourselves for a moment to catch our own breathe.

Clyden's attention was all on me, observing every part of face. I can see affection written all over his face, with his lips parted— and being coated with our saliva after exchanging kisses

In satification by seeing his dark affection, my lips slowly stretch and crept a small smirk. "Want more?" I ask in a seductive way.

I saw how affection burned on his eyes before he nod as an answer.

I bit my lower lips to stop myself from groaning when Clyden started to kiss my neck and jawline. His hands are also moving expertly to caressed my waist and back until he unhook my bra, ready to undress me.

"Hmm..." I bended my back when his kisses travelled down to my collarbone.

The burning sensation between us started to make me sweat but everything ended when a knock from the door made us stop, followed by a familiar voice of someone.

"Sir, I am here to pick you up. The party will start sooner." It was Red at the other side of the door...