CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Early in the morning, my eyes are watering in tears. My head is gonna explode. What the hell did Clyden just bring here?

I thought he'll send me a body guards but why does it looks like I was baby sitting?

"I said don't touch that, Spade!" I shouted in piss, gripping my hand. I almost want to throw the flower base straight to his face.

I just finish cleaning and look at him, messing things again! That's the thing I hate the most, when someone is messing the things I just finish fixing

"Isn't this Shion?" He asked and show me the photo frame that I put at the top of the drawer.

I sighed in defeat. "It's Zenon, a friend of mine." I answered with a smile, trying to make myself calm.

Spade— one of the five body guards, nod his head with a parted lips. "My bad, I thought it was someone I know." Then he messed his hair.

"Now then, put that back on where did you get it or else— "

"Calm down, calm down..." He chanted and immediately put it back at the top of the drawer.

Then he suddenly point his index on Red who is comfortably laying his body at the couch. I sighed again. I bet, Red has no even idea about this again, it happens that Spade is always pointing everything on him.

"Red told me to check this image. Don't be mad at me!" Spade defend but it was completely a lie. I frown in disbelief. What is he, a kid??

After hearing his name getting involve again, Red glared at Spade. While the later just ignore him. And the rest three are playing mobile games, they're all noisy.

See? They're like kids, they're too much to handle.

I sighed for a hundred times today before I went back inside my room. I don't even know what they're doing in the living room, they must be outside.

Gosh, they're giving me head ache!

I tried to reach out on Clyden but he never pick up the call. I wanted to talk to him about this, his body guards that he hired are crazy!

But everytime that Clyden is around, they're acting normally base on their job.

Will Clyden listen to me if I told him that these guys are crazy? I guess I need some proof to show.

I was so doomed of that thought when suddenly, my alarm made a noise. I quickly get up from my seat and immediately change my clothes, ready to leave. I almost forgot my work.

"Where are you going, Miss Ma'am?" One of the guards ask, I rolled my eyes and surpass at them without giving my answer. But everyone suddenly tail on me.

There are five of them. Red, Spade, Vlad, Yasou, and Void... Among them all, Red is the normal one while Void the only one I know since he was the detective that Clyden hire last time, I don't actually know what is he doing here. Anyway, Spade is the real head ache among them. And the rest are fools.

A bunch of clumsy people, noisy, childish, and crazy! It seems like Clyden was mistaken them as reliable people just like what he told me.

My face automatically poker. "What?!" I hissed because they all look stupid, acting like a fool again. They're following me in line, they're like a tails.

"We're your body guards, of course we'll follow you for your safety." Red explain so I laugh in sarcastic way.

"Ah... So you guys are body guards? I thought you were an old friend who pays a visit in my house to feel at home like this?" I said with sarcasm. Everyone look away, acting like they heard nothing, I sighed again.

Napapikit na lamang ako ng mata sa inis at tinalikuran ang mga ito. Red drove my car on the way to my workplace, while all of them tail on us.

"I apologize on their behalf. They're just acting weird but trust me, they're reliable when time calls." Red speak out of the blue.

With a sharp gaze, I take a glance on him at the rearview mirror.

I rolled my eyes. "Clyden told me the same. Well, I guess I can't complain anymore. It's you and Clyden says, I trust your words. Among the five of you, you are the normal one so I believe in you."

Red just chuckle of what I've said.

I state nothing but a fact. Among them all, Red is the only normal one, and the rest are lunatics.

And I guess I have nothing to complain with them anymore. I'm sure that Clyden won't hire them if they're useless.

But once they pissed the shit out of me, they'll all discover their ability to fly. Yes, I'm serious.

The whole ride was filled with silence until we arrive at the building. Vlad and Void remain close to me while the rest three went somewhere.

Before I enter the building, I face the two of them. "You can now go, don't worry I'm safe here." I said.

"We're just doing our part as your body guard." Vlad seriously answered.

While the other one, Void, said. "If that so, then bye!"

See? I can't really get them. Well, whatever.

During my work, I did nothing but to browse all over the internet to look for some trending topics.

In my surprise, a flash report caught my attention. It was another case of serial killing. I tsked, so this case didn't stop up until now?

I massage my temple to calm myself but it didn't work so, I ended up resting my face on my palm. What the hell should I do about this? I can't bare this anymore.

Everyone has eye on me. I can feel their stares. Maybe it was rare to see me like this. But suddenly, I feel a warm hug from behind my back.

Followed by small noise from my team. I slowly remove my hand that covers my face. Hindi ko na kailangan pang magtanong kung sino ito.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him but instead of getting an answer, he asked me as well.

"Are you okay?" He then, glance at the monitor. That is when he saw the news.

"It'll stop soon..." He whisper before he kiss my cheek.

I nod my head and said, "I hope so."

Realization hits me when my Boss suddenly showed up to serve a sit on Clyden. Damn, I almost forgot! I'm on public!

I look away when my cheek suddenly feel a heat.

"So, why are you here, anyway?" I asked for the second time.

"I haven't seen you last night, I miss you." Clyden said, as he snake his arms around my waist.

Good thing, everyone from our unit leave us alone. It's not time for our break tho.

Clyden and I had a small talk before I start working on screen. We bid a goodbye for now and decide to meet each other later.

So is, that happened. Gabi na nang makatapos ako sa trabaho, my usual work is just 3 hours on screen but it happens that I also have to guide the new reporters.

After spending much time for them, I take a rest for a minute before I decide to leave my working place.

My brow furrowed seeing Vlad satting at the waiting chair. Did he wait all day?

"Vlad!" I called his name. Seems like the later was taking a nap but he immediately get up.

We're leading our way to my car when someone block our way. A guy holding a dagger.

I immediately step back to hide myself on him but the later act like nothing. Instead, he took a cigarette and started to hit it.

My lips parted. I can't even move on my spot. What is he? A stupid?!

But when the person was about to attack me, Vlad quickly kick him and using his only one foot, he smash him at the ground.

In just a flinch, the latter was found bleeding on the ground.

What the hell did just happened?