The Moment of Truth

Arabella's P.O.V
I wake up to the sound of my maid, Lily opening my curtains. I feel the sun's hot rays on my face as I groan in annoyance. I look at her and she just grins at me. She hangs my dress up on the wardrobe and I clumsily get out of bed. I get dressed, hopeful that today will be a good day.

I walk down into town, watching the people of Camelot do their daily tasks. I notice Merlin on his way to collect water so I begin to walk over to him. "Good morning Merlin," I say in a cheery voice.
"Good morning my lady," he says as he begins to fill the bucket he was holding with water.
"Merlin you can call me Arabella you know, we are friends," I say, laughing slightly.
"I know but your reaction is much more amusing when I don't," he replies laughing with me. Once he collects all his water, we begin walking back through the town when we both notice woman walking into town, staring wondrously at the market. "Mother?" Merlin says and I look at him confused. "Merlin!" The woman replies coming towards us and attempting to pull Merlin into her embrace. A smile forms on my face at the reunion of mother and son but my smile soon falters when I notice a purple bruise on the side of her face. Merlin notices this as well and begins to question her but his mother looks away. "Hey Merlin why don't you help your mother get settled at Gaius' and I'll go arrange an audience with the king to help your mother," I say smiling at his mother. She gratefully smiles back before she starts walking away. Merlin walks with her, he turns his head and mouths "thank you" to me.

I head towards the castle, passing a knight on the way. I tell him to tell the king that I ask for an audience with him on behalf of Merlin's mother. The knight nods before walking off.

I stand next to Morgana and Gwen as Merlin brings his mother in. My father sits in his throne confused by the sudden audience I have requested. Merlin introduces her as Hunith. Hunith then begins to state her case that a man, Kanen has been taking their food and if they continue to, many children and villagers will not survive. I look towards Hunith in sympathy, my body overwhelmed with feelings of sadness for these people. Father then states that her village is in Cenred's kingdom but Hunith replies saying that their king does not care for the outlining villages. "You're our only hope."My heart aches for this woman and all the people in her village. We all turn to father, who says he feels sorry for the situation but he can't help them because if a group of knights enter the kingdom it would be an act of war. Hunith then drops to her knees, begging for father to help her. Father refuses again and I stare at him in shock. I glare at him shortly before going to Hunith , gently holding her hands, helping her up to her feet a sympathetic smile on my face. I lead her out of the room, Morgana and Gwen following me.

We stop in one of the corridors and I pull Hunith into a hug. Morgana and Gwen join the hug. "I'm so sorry my father couldn't help," I say sorrowfully to her. She pulls away from the hug. "It's okay, just thank you for getting an audience with him."
"Your welcome, I just wanted to help and I still want to!" I say to her. She smiles at me, placing her hand on my right cheek. "It is not your duty to help me but I appreciate the dedication." She says softly before leaving and walking towards Gaius' chambers.

I enter my chambers, my eyes wandering to my wardrobe where my armour lays. My maid then enters, telling me she has heard that Merlin is leaving for good. An emotionless line forms on my face as I walk towards the wardrobe, opening it and pulling out my armour. "Well I said I wanted to help so I will," I say a courageous smile forming. She looks confused but realisation hits her when Morgana enters dressed in her armour. I quickly get changed before leaving with Morgana and walking to Gwen's.

We open the door to see a very confused Merlin. "We're coming with you," Morgana and  I both say. "You have helped us so many times Merlin, we all owe you," I say to him, smiling. He looks at us before reluctantly agreeing for us coming. Merlin leaves to get supplies from Gaius. Gwen continues to pack the armour whilst Morgana and I prepare the horses.