The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

Arabella's P.O.V
I lie in my bed, trying to fall asleep but I am being kept awake by the workers below the castle, digging into the walls of the castle. Then I hear a loud bang from down there and  I jump up in bed. I pant heavily out of the fear of the noise I heard. I lie back down, trying to regain my breath again as my eyes become drowsy. The noise from below reduces as I block it out. I feel sleep take over and I fall into a world of darkness.

The next day
I awake to the chatter of the maids and servants. Lily enters telling me that they have found a tomb below the castle. I quickly get dressed and rush out of the room, curiosity consuming me.

I enter the tomb and my eyes are hit with the sight of towers of gold and jewels. I then notice a blue heart stone in the middle of the coffin. I hear small whispers as it beckons me towards it. As I step closer, I step on a stone and I hear a whirring noise. I am too overcome with curiosity that I ignore it. I reach out to touch the jewel when I am knocked to the ground. I see Merlin lying next to me and I sit up. I look at the wooden pole behind me and I see an arrow. My eyes widen in realisation.
"You saved my life!"
"Wouldn't be the first time," Merlin chuckles just as Arthur enters.
"Arabella you shouldn't be here," he says looking at me disappointingly.
"I know but I was curious," I say looking down in shame. Arthur sighs before we all leave.

I follow them outside and I watch as Merlin prepares the horse for Arthur. Merlin goes on his hands and knees as Arthur uses Merlin as a steeping stool to climb onto the horse. Just as Arthur sits on it the saddle straps snap and Arthur falls off. The horse runs away in fright and I stifle a laugh.  A man then comes over and brings the horse back just as Arthur blames Merlin for what has happened.  The man then starts attending to Arthur and I look at Merlin and I notice he is looking at this new guy with jealousy written all over his face. Arthur seems impressed by this new man's efforts and I look at him confused.
"What's your name?" Arthur asks.
"Cedric," the man replies, looking at the three of us. Arthur tells Cedric to join them on the hunt. Merlin gives Cedric a beater and hits him in the stomach.
"Oops sorry," Merlin says and I laugh at him.
"Good luck boys!" I say laughing as they walk away.

I enter Gaius' chambers, to find him staring at a piece of gold with a symbol on it.
"What are you looking at?" I also and he jumps in surprise.
"Arabella you frightened me, I was just trying to work out what symbol this is," he says as he looks at the gold again. I look at the book beside him and I point my finger on one of them.
"This one." I say identifying the raven symbol on the gold and the raven symbol in the book. Gaius proposes we go to the tomb and I agree following him out the door.

We enter the tomb and I hear the whispers again. I fight the urge to listen to them as I watch Gaius investigate the blue jewel. Gaius looks at me and I look at him back confused.
"We must head back!" He says hurriedly and I nod following him once again.

I sit with Gaius, surrounded by books as Gaius looks through the ancient texts. Gaius reveals to me that this is the tomb of Sigan and I look at him eager to find out more. Just as Gaius was about to explain, Merlin enters looking very gloom.
"What's wrong?" Gaius asks as Merlin sets his stuff down.
"I saved Arthur's life, someone else got the credit. Just the usual." Merlin replies coming over. He then questions what we are doing and Gaius shows him the scripture he has found.
"What language is that?" Merlin asks sitting next to me, putting his head on my shoulder. I smile lightly.
"I don't know Sigan would have known many languages." Gaius replies. Merlin then questions who that was and I nod, eager to find out more.
"He was the most powerful sorcerer it have lived."
"Well he hasn't met Merlin," I say leaning  my head on top of Merlin's. Merlin laughs at me before disagreeing with me. I laugh in response. Gaius then explains more and as he does I realise who he is talking about and my heart stops.
"Cornelius Sigan was a figure of nightmare." I say, shivering slightly. Merlin takes his head off of my shoulder and looks at us.
"Why?" Merlin questions. Gaius then explains that his powers are the reasons why he is feared. Gaius then reveals he thinks Cornelius Sigan may have beaten death and he fears that this is happening now. Gaius leaves to tell father and I look at Merlin.
"Why can't there just be a normal day in Camelot?" I ask. Merlin shrugs in response and I laugh before leaving.

The next day
I enter Morgana's chambers after hearing from Gwen that she experienced a nightmare the night before. I see her talking to Gaius about the dream and that it was about a raven. My heart catches in my throat as I know this could possibly be to do with Sigan. Gaius passes me and I sit bedside Morgana, pulling her into a hug.
"It will be okay Ana, it always is." I say reassuringly. She smiles a little before pulling away. I leave her to get dressed and I go to my chambers.

I stay in my chambers for hours just reading, when Arthur storms in.
"What's wrong?" I say closing the book.
"Merlin." He replies sharply before  sitting beside me. I sigh.
"What did he do?"
"He messed up with his chores and called me a clotpole." I laugh a little and Arthur glares at me.
"So what did you do?"
"I gave him the night off, Cedric is going to look after me." He replies and I look at him in shock. He sighs at my look.
"Don't  look at me like that, Merlin deserves this okay?" I sigh reluctantly as he leaves the room.

The next day
I awake to the news that the gem had been stolen. I get ready quickly before going to Arthur's chambers to see Merlin explaining what has happened but Arthur doesn't believe him. Cedric tries to escort Merlin out but they start fighting. I watch from the back as the three men fight pathetically. Arthur then forcefully takes Merlin to the cells and I follow after him.
"Arthur you can't do this!" I say I'm disbelief as he throws Merlin into a cell.
"I am so sorry Merlin," I say apologetically as I leave.
"He is going to destroy Camelot!" I hear Merlin shout behind me.

Later that day
I sit in my chambers as night falls when I see some hideous creatures start terrorising the villagers. I run out of my room, stumbling slightly at the castle walls shake. I rush down to the dungeons as I hear the shouts of the knights fighting the creatures. I go to Merlin's cell but I then realise I don't have a key. Merlin then uses magic to blow the door down. I move out of the way quickly as Merlin runs out. He grabs my hand as he pulls me along. We get out of the dungeons.
"You go help Gaius and I will go help defeat the sorcerer." He says to me.
"Be careful!" I say as he kisses me on the cheek before going a separate way.

I enter the hall and I immediately start walking to Gwen and Morgana aiding Arthur. Father enters and tells Arthur not to help. Arthur then stands up and leaves ignoring father's pleads of telling him to stay inside. I make my way around the injured, tending to as many as I can. My heart breaks at the sight of the people injured the knights and the villagers. I take a deep breath to regain my emotions as I place a bandage around a knight's arm. The knight stands up and goes back out to fight.
"Just be careful okay?" I say to him and he nods in agreement before leaving. I sigh before going over to Morgana and helping her set an injured villager onto the table.  Knights enter and they shut the doors. I then notice Arthur is not with them. Father gets angry that they have left Arthur behind. I shake in anger and sadness but then fear overcomes me as the castle shakes and the ceiling falls a little. Morgana pulls me into her and I hug her back, protecting each  other from the rubble falling from the ceiling. We stand like this for a while, tears slowly falling as I wait for Arthur and Merlin to come back.
"Come back to us, both of you," I whisper to myself and Morgana looks at me sadly. Tears continue to fall as panic increases once again in the room. Gaius leaves to investigate and I watch him leave, my mind overwhelmed with the possibilities of what could have happened.
Gaius soon returns with Merlin and Arthur. He immediately tends to Arthur as I rush over to them. I hug Arthur as he winces in pain and hugs me back. I then turn to Merlin and I pull him into a tight hug. He laughs and hugs me back and I smile.

The next day
I look out of my window, watching over the city as the villagers continue their normal routine. I smile at the city, thankful that everything is okay and that we always have Merlin to save the day.