Le Morte d'Arthur

Arabella's P.O.V
I walk towards Morgana's chambers, bored out of my mind as I had nothing to do. I enter her chambers to see her not there. I sigh in disappointment before shutting the door behind me and walking to Gaius'.

I enter Gaius' chambers to see him working on some sort of potion. He notices my presence before continuing with his work and I sit on the bench, reading one of his books. Hours later, a knight enters and says he requires Gaius in the throne room. I follow after Gaius as he leaves, curiosity filling my mind.

I stand in the throne room as Arthur explains the beast he saw. Gaius then states that what he is describing sounds like the questing beast and that it will cause bad things ahead. Father dismisses this.
"Well whatever it is, it is causing panic." Arthur states and father tells him that Arthur will ride out at dawn to kill it. Arthur and Merlin leave and I follow after them.

Later that evening, I am just about to fall asleep when I hear someone scream and I immediately know it is Morgana. I rush into her room to see Gwen trying to calm her down. I go over to them and pull both of them into a hug trying to calm and comfort both of them.

The next day
I wake up in Morgana's room as I had stayed with her in case she had anymore nightmares. I leave the room and head to mine to get changed. Once changed I leave my room and I head outside where I see Arthur preparing the knights to leave.
"For the love of Camelot." The knights say just as Morgana comes rushing down the stairs.
"Morgana." I say softly trying to get her away from Arthur as she tells him not to go. I hand her to the guards as she is taken back into the castle. I give Arthur a hug as I wish him good luck. He thanks me before he starts walking away with the knights. I turn to Merlin, giving him a hug and kissing him on the cheek as I pull away.
"Be careful." I say , looking him directly in the eyes.
"I always am." He replies before leaving and I head into the castle to see how Morgana is.

Once calming Morgana down once more I head to my chambers. I sit at my window, anxiously looking out the window waiting for the group to return. I cannot help but feel a feeling of dread consume my body as I worry about the group's safety. I then see Merlin leading some knights carrying a body. I then see that the body is Arthur. I immediately leave my room and I rush to Gaius'.

I arrive to see him laying on a table. I rush over to his side, tears pouring down my face. I watch as Merlin tries to use magic to heal him but it doesn't work. Father comes rushing in and takes Arthur carrying him to his chambers. I follow after them with Merlin and Gaius. Father then stops and drops to the floor crying in the courtyard. I kneel beside him pulling him into a hug as we both cry. The guards take Arthur to his chambers and father and I stand up, tears still falling down my face.

I sit in Arthur's chambers, on his bed beside his restless body. My tears no longer fall as I look at my brother's body. Morgana enters and I look to see her crying face. She sits next to me and we hug each tightly. We leave, going our separate ways.

The next day
I sit in my chambers when Gaius comes in.
"Merlin has gone to save Arthur." He says and I smile lightly.
"Merlin will save him." He says reassuringly and I continue to smile sadly. He leaves the room and I lay down on my bed only left with my thoughts. I get up a few minutes later and I see the people of Camelot, outside the castle holding candles as if they were staring goodbye. He is not dead. I think to myself. And he won't die, Merlin is going to save him, he always does.

Hours pass and I continue to wait anxiously for Merlin to return. I go to Arthur's chambers and sit beside him, spending as much time I can with him. I leave him to go rest myself.

The next day
I go to Arthur's chambers to see Gaius giving Arthur something. Father follows after me, questioning if it is a cure. Gaius says he hopes it is. Gaius tells us to let him rest.
"I will not leave him." Father and I both say as we go sit beside Arthur. Slowly I fall asleep and so does father.

Hours pass and I wake up to hearing father saying Arthur. I look up to see Arthur awake and alive. A smile grows on my face at the sight. He looks really confused but I gently launch myself at him, hugging him. He laughs a little before struggling to hug me back. Father and I leave just as Gwen enters.

I go to Gaius' chambers to thank Merlin for what he did. I enter and I immediately pull Merlin into a hug as I whisper thank you to him. He hugs me back and we then pull away. I leave smiling as I leave to go to my chambers to sleep.
The next day
I awake to hear my door open. I look to see Arthur there, tears staining his face.
"Merlin what happened?"
"My mother is dying. I saved Arthur and this is the price." I begin to cry as I go over to him.
"I am so sorry Merlin. I didn't know this would happen. How can I help you?" He looks at me.
"Please don't do anything. I will fix this. Just in the future, never leave me," he says, whimpering the last part. I continue to cry and I pull him into a tight hug.
"I will never leave you Merlin."
"But to fix this, you may never see me again." He says and I pull away.
"No Merlin don't please, you made me promise not to leave you now you can't leave me!" I say angrily, tears steaming down my face. He kisses me on the forehead before leaving the room, leaving me speechless as I drop to the floor in sadness.

After crying for a while, I stand up and I start walking to Arthur's chambers.

I enter and I give Arthur a hug carefully as I don't want to hurt him. He notices my tear stained face but he doesn't say anything as he knows not to when I am sad. We stay there hugging for a while before I leave, saying goodnight to him and heading back to my chambers.

The next day
I stay in my chambers for most of the before I hear from my maid that Merlin and Gaius have returned. I leave the room before she can explain more.

I go to Gaius' chambers to see Merlin and Gaius both alive and his mother as well. His mother leaves, smiling at me on the way out. I go over to Merlin as he smiles innocently at me. Once I get close enough to him, I begin to hit him on the chest.
"Don't you ever do that again!"
He gently grabs my wrists to stop me and pulls me into a hug.
"I won't. I promise." I pull away smiling at him as he smiles at me.