Telekinesis

Arthur wasn't sure what he had expected when he finally met Merlin again, but watching him destroy a whole solar system of planets in a bout of anger certainly wasn't it.

In hindsight, he probably should have expected it.

He knew that Merlin was the most powerful sorcerer to ever ever walk the Earth, but apparently he was the most powerful in the goddamn universe.

When Arthur rose from the lake, he did so to the horrible sight of a huge fireball filling most the sky. He had stared at it for a good ten minutes, the light very nearly blinding him, until a figure clad in a loose white outfit made from some unidentifiable fabric appeared out of nowhere and grabbed his arm, tugging at him and breaking his stare. He had yelled some garbled words at him, muffled by the mask over his head. It was that moment that Arthur became aware of the searing heat that would boil him alive in his own sweat if he didn't get out of it quickly.

Where he would go, he had no idea, as the fireball seemed to be everywhere. The figure behind him was tugging at him more insistently now, still speaking in that garbled tongue Arthur couldn't figure out. His confusion must have shown on his face, as in the next second a voice popped in his head. It wasn't as much a voice as an idea, one that told him that Earth was dying, the soil under his feet will be gone soon, swallowed by the sun, the same thing that had given him life and warmth.

It was accompanied with a splitting headache, one so painful that it didn't take much time for Arthur to get knocked out, slumping in the figure's arms.

When he came to, he realised that he was in a place he did not recognise, somewhere he had never seen before. The walls were smooth, a sharp contrast from the rough stone walls of his chambers, shining with a gleam that he had only ever seen in metal before. It took him more time to remember what had happened.

Earth had died.

It seemed as impossible as it had seemed back then, when he had woken up underwater, armed with only his memories of Camelot and Excalibur.

Speaking of the rising, what had happened and where was he?

His senses expanded, and he realised that he was lying on a very uncomfortable surface, something like the beds peasants slept on. He moved his head to the other side-

-And paused in shock.

It took him a few moments to understand what he was seeing. Where on his other side there was only a wall, this side looked out into a huge cavern, made of the same metal. Beds were everywhere, arranged in a neat grid of rows and columns. They were made of silver metal as well, topped with mattresses and white sheets and pillows. It was cold, impersonal.

Except for the odd boxes that were making odd sounds and showing drawings Arthur couldn't make out what they meant for his life.

Was he dreaming?

No. Even his brain couldn't make up something as bizarre as this.

He tried moving, but to his dismay, realised that he was bound. Panic was bubbling up his chest now, making his way to his throat, threatening to choke him.

A sharp spike of pain went through his head, just like what had happened back at the Lake, followed by an idea.

Don't move. It said.

Arthur swiveled his head around, trying to find the source of the voice. When he did, his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

It was humanoid, but with weird projections for legs. He had seen something like this in a book long ago. What were they called?

Octopi.

Octopus.

Yes, exactly, octopus.

The figure had projections on his head too, like mushrooms. The rest of him was quite normal-looking, with brown hair which were slightly long, and large, expressive blue eyes, a few shades lighter than Arthur's. It would be somewhere around Arthur's age, if he was human.