𝐯 - 𝗊𝗎𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖺

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╰┈➤ ElSIE'S POV

Elsie's first few days at Hogwarts went by quickly. She was adjusting quite well to her classes, thanks to Hermione who helped her create a color-coded study schedule. Currently, Elsie's favorite classes were Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Lupin and Herbology with Professor Sprout. Although Potions had been Elsie's favorite subject at Lune Claire, she despised Professor Snape's Potions class because all he did was pick on Neville Longbottom's ineptitude and scold the Gryffindors for making mistakes.

On Saturday afternoon, Elsie attended her first Quidditch match (Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff) with Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Neville. The clear day provided perfect conditions for Elsie's favorite sport. Sitting high up in the stands was thrilling. Elsie could see the entire field clearly from where they sat, and she stood up to cheer with her new friends every time Ravenclaw scored.

"It seems that pretty boy Diggory has spotted the Snitch!" a voice bellowed out of the microphone over the crowd. "And there goes Cassandra Chang (A.N. I changed "Cho's" name to "Cassandra bc I think JKR did her dirty) right after him— a very pretty girl she is!"

A roar of laughter filled the stands and then blended in with the rest of the cheering. Elsie could hear Professor McGonagall swearing at the boy speaking into the microphone.

"Who's the Quidditch commentator?" Elsie laughed. "He's great!"

"That's Lee Jordan!" shouted Ron over all the noise. "He's best friends with Fred and George."

Hermione giggled next to Elsie. "You know, Lee's not wrong. Cedric Diggory is rather attractive."

"Seriously, Hermione?" Ron shouted over Elsie and Harry. "He's the enemy! Diggory beat Harry unfairly in the last game when the dementors swarmed around him."

"Yeah, but he tried to call a rematch, remember? He's a good guy, Ron!"

Elsie looked at Harry who seemed to have gone pale at the mention of the dementors.

"You okay?" Elsie asked tentatively.

Harry nodded at her and smiled weakly. Elsie recognized that kind of false smile all too well— she had seen it on many faces and had done it herself for a long time after that night...

Just then, loud cheering erupted all around them. Hermione and Ron were screaming loudly, Lee was shouting into his microphone, and Neville was bouncing up and down on his toes, holding excitedly onto Elsie's arm. Elsie, who had been distracted by looking at Harry, was surprised to see that Cassandra Chang was flying around the stadium with the Golden Snitch fluttering between her fingers.

"Ravenclaw won!" Elsie shouted, and was glad to see Harry's false smile replaced by a genuine one.

The following morning, during breakfast in the Great Hall, Artie delivered Elsie her first letter since she had arrived at Hogwarts on Wednesday night. The letter was from her friend Zara Singh, who had attended Lune Claire and had been transferred to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic after the incident at their old school.

Elsie responded to Zara's letter immediately, letting her know how she was sorted into Gryffindor House at Hogwarts, was receiving good marks in her classes, and had made some new friends. So far, Elsie's time at Hogwarts was going pretty well— except for the looming fact that there was an escaped convict on the loose who was hunting down one of her new best friends.

On Tuesday night, Elsie and Hermione studied for hours alone in their dormitory. Parvati and Lavender had left to hang out with their group of friends, so the dormitory was nice and quiet, perfect for getting work done.