𝐯𝐢 - 𝗌𝗅𝗒𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗇'𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗀𝖾

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╰┈➤ HARRY'S POV

"I'm so excited to meet Buckbeak," Elsie said as the Quartet walked along the stone path leading to Hagrid's hut.

They had finished their classes for the day and had some free time before dinner in the Great Hall. Hagrid had invited them all down to his hut so that Elsie could meet Buckbeak, his Hippogriff. Elsie had been eager to meet the Hippogriff ever since Harry had talked about how cool it was to fly on his back over the Hogwarts grounds.

"He's a magnificent creature," said Hermione. "It's a shame Hagrid can no longer teach about Hippogriffs in his class."

"And it's all thanks to Malfoy," Ron spat.

Harry gritted his teeth as he remembered Malfoy provoking Buckbeak earlier in the year.

Hagrid was already waiting for the Quartet in his pumpkin patch, where Buckbeak was feasting on a dead ferret. At the sight of Buckbeak, with his white feathers, long talons, large beak, and golden eyes, Elsie gasped with excitement.

"He's beautiful," she said clasping a hand over her mouth.

Harry had to agree. Buckbeak the Hippogriff was easily one of the most magnificent creatures he had ever seen.

Hagrid chuckled. "Would you like ter greet him?"

"I'd love to," Elsie said, her large eyes transfixed on the Hippogriff.

"Alright then, Harry can show you how it's done— can't ya Harry?"

"Er--sure," said Harry.

He stepped up to the Hippogriff for the second time in his life; the first time he met Buckbeak was on the first day of his Care for Magical Creatures class a few months ago. Harry was less nervous approaching Buckbeak this time because he knew he had to approach him slowly and gently. When he was a few feet away from the hippogriff, Harry lowered his head and bowed, his eyes locked on the creatures'.

Immediately, Buckbeak bowed to Harry and allowed himself to be pet on the head. Harry grinned; knowing that Buckbeak trusted him was a wonderful feeling.

Hagrid was beaming. "Atta boy Harry! Now go on, Elsie."

Elsie approached Buckbeak the same way Harry had, slowly and gently. Harry could see her beaming with excitement as she held her breath and bowed to the hippogriff. Buckbeak bowed to Elsie immediately— in fact, he bowed quicker to her than he had done to Harry a few months ago.

"Seems he really likes you," Harry said as Buckbeak nuzzled his feathery head in Elsie's hand. She laughed as the hippogriff's feathers tickled her palm.

"Way to go, Elsie!" Hagrid clapped his large hands together. "Hermione? Ron? Care to try?"

Hermione nodded and set her bag down on the ground, but Ron shook his head.

"Oh come on, Ron," Hermione urged him. "It'll be fine!"

"Oh, alright," said Ron, setting his own bag down on the ground.

Harry and Elsie laughed as Hermione dragged a reluctant Ron toward Buckbeak. When Buckbeak had bowed down to the both of them, Ron's face lit up.

"Guess this big guy isn't too bad," Ron grinned as he ran his hand along Buckbeak's feathers.

"It's a shame he can't stay at Hogwarts," Elsie said, looking into Buckbeak's eyes.

"Hagrid, isn't there anything we can do to save him?" Harry asked.