𝐢𝐯- 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝗄𝗋𝖾𝗐𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝖾𝗋𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗌

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╰┈➤ ElSIE'S POV

The previous night's storm had cleared considerably by the time morning came; soft hues of yellow, pink, and orange bled together like streaks of paint across the sky, and small clusters of white storm clouds hung low over the tops of the rolling green Scottish hills that surrounded the Hogwarts castle.

Glancing out the dormitory window, Elsie could see the tree branches swaying gently in the breeze. Anticipating a chilly fall day, she dug out the red and gold scarf from her trunk and tied it around her neck before heading down to the Great Hall with Hermione for breakfast.

Harry and Ron were already seated at the Gryffindor table, spooning oatmeal into their bowls, when the girls arrived. The Hall was filled with a low buzzing and the clinking of forks and spoons as students chatted away while eating.

"Morning, guys," said Elsie, as she slid into her usual seat next to Harry.

"Morning," Harry greeted her with a smile as he looked up from his course schedule.

"Nice watch," said Elsie, grinning at Harry's wrist.

On his left arm was a brown leather watch with a gold face and tiny black roman numerals. It was the gift Elsie had gotten Harry for his fourteenth birthday, and it made her happy that he was wearing it.

"Thanks," Harry grinned knowingly, color blossoming in his cheeks. "It was a gift from a really cool girl."

"Ah, well, she must've thought you could benefit from keeping a better track of the time," Elsie teased, to which Harry laughed.

"All our classes are outside today," said Ron suddenly, running his finger down his course schedule. "We've got Herbology with the Hufflepuffs, Care of Magical Creatures... damn it, we're still with the Slytherins."

"And we've got Double Divinations this afternoon," said Harry, sighing.

"I'm starting to think we should have given it up like Hermione," said Elsie, biting into the end of a particularly sweet strawberry.

"Mhm," Hermione nodded with a mouthful of toast. "Then we all could have taken Arithmancy— it's a much better use of our time and not to mention, a fascinating subject."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, eyeing Hermione as she buttered a second slice of toast. "I bet you were starving last night."

Hermione let out a small huff, lifting her chin. "I've come to the conclusion that there are better ways of standing up for elf rights," she said haughtily.

A flash of determination glittered in Hermione's eyes, her brows drawn slightly together as she gazed into the distance. It was a look Elsie was becoming all too familiar with; it meant that Hermione had an idea.