𝐱 - 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝗉

Author's Note: This chapter is a bit longer than previous ones and I include more book scenes than movie ones :) because the book is great. 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

╰┈➤ HARRY'S POV

Hermione and Ron were just as empathetic as Harry was when they found out about Elsie's parents and the fact that she has been living in an orphanage for the past five years.

"Blimey, Elise," said Ron. "That's terrible. I can't imagine what it'd be like to lose my mum and dad."

Hermione gave Elsie a big squeeze. "If you ever want to talk about them, we're here for you."

"Thanks, guys," said Elsie. "But enough of this depressing topic." She shrugged out of Hermione's arms and flattened the creases in her robe. "It's a beautiful day, we should be outside."

As the first two weeks of December had come and gone, the grounds of Hogwarts had been covered in fresh powder. The tops of trees were permanently dusted with snow, and all the students practically lived in their hats and mittens. Harry looked out of the common room window to see the sun shining through the thick woods of the Forbidden Forest. Hogwarts during December was his absolute favorite thing.

"Brilliant idea," said Harry standing up.

Tomorrow was Saturday, the day of the next Hogsmeade trip, and Harry was feeling down about how once again he would not be able to go. He could use a bit of time in the snow to cheer him up since he'd be cooped up in the castle all day tomorrow.

"We'll bring you back a bottle of butterbeer," said Ron as they stepped into the courtyard which was covered in a fresh layer of snow.

It was difficult for the topic of Hogsmeade not to come up in their conversations as of lately, and since Harry didn't want to ruin their fun, he usually just stayed silent while the three of them chatted away.

"And we'll bring you back sweets from Honeydukes," offered Elsie.

"At least you'll have some extra time to study," said Hermione as if this would make him feel any better. It didn't.

"Yeah, that'll cheer him up," said Ron sarcastically. "We all get to go relax at The Three Broomsticks and Harry's stuck in the castle studying. Sound riveting. Maybe I'll stay too." Ron smirked at Harry who hid his laughter behind a gloved hand.

Elsie laughed as well and Harry found himself grinning at the way Elsie's eyes lit up when she smiled.

Wham! A snowball whizzed out of nowhere and struck Harry in the back of the head. Elsie, Hermione, and Ron broke into laughter.

"Nice shot, Fred!"

"Why thank you, George!"

Fred gave a dramatic bow, dipping his head low.

"What was that for?" Harry grumbled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"For fun," chorused Fred and George with mischievous grins.

The twins approached Harry and his friends, Ginny hanging onto George's shoulders.

"Slow down, George!" Ginny squealed, as George jogged toward them. "I'm going to fall!"

"Whoops," George said, as he pretended to drop Ginny into the snow.

Ginny smacked her brother on the head and her brothers burst into laughter.

"Hermione, do you want to get on my back?" Fred asked. "We could race George and Ginny."

"Sure," said Hermione.