OS 12: Shopping Pt.2

Luckily for the both of us, Lexa had brought a leather bag. She handed me the puppy as she tucked the dog bowl and food into it.

Still in Lexa's hands were the collar and leash. As I held the puppy put to her, she tied it gently around the dog's small neck. Then she fastened the leash to it. I gently put Winter on the ground and she started sniffing everything.

I wasn't planning on making her walk the rest of the time, especially with her leg, but I did want her to smell everything out here.

Anyway, Winter did end up walking a little bit of the way, even all the way to our next stop. This building was like the last, quaint with a word in trigedasleng across the top of the door. This one I knew. Markings. But I still didn't understand.

"Lexa, what is this?" I asked and turned to her. She looked really excited.

"Remember when you said that you really liked the markings that I had? How you said it would be fun to have one? Well, here it is." Lexa replied. I started to get excited as well. And I know exactly what I'm going to get.

We walk in, and I immediately grab Winter. I don't want her to hurt her paws if anything dangerous fell on the floor.

A young woman maybe in her teen years came up to us. She bowed when she realized who we are.

"No need to bow, Amara. Clarke and I were speaking, and she liked the thought of a marking. Do you mind?" Lexa asked respectfully. I was always amazed at how Lexa seemed to know every one of her people by name.

"Of course, Heda. Clarke," She turned to me. "What would you like?" She asked with a smile.

I hummed. Something symbolic. I didn't just want nonsense. Turning to look at Lexa, I knew exactly what I was getting.

-------------_------------

Time skip brought to you by my cursed computer

I stood up from the chair, stretching my arms over my head and groaning. I had been sitting for a good while.

Getting a tattoo! I am so excited. I got it on my shoulder blade, and it hurt like hell. But it was totally worth it. And Lexa's face.

I walked over to where she was sitting, pouting. I thanked the woman with a smile, payed her, then sat down beside her. I couldn't help the smile spreading across my face.

"I can't believe you did that, Klark." Lexa grumbled. I laughed.

"Wanna see it?" I asked. She huffed. I laughed again.

Winter padded up to me, and licked my hand. I scooped the small pup into my arms and cuddled him.

I wasn't like Lexa could see it anyway, I had a bandage on to keep infection from starting.

But I got the marking for Lexa.

It was a raccoon.

-------------_------------

Ok, that was a kinda sucky chapter, but anyway. I hope you guys enjoyed!