Hope May Be Within Reach

*#()))*#*#((#*((()))))#**

"I never truly understood G/C or his intentions. Though in a way, I could vaguely understand. Out of all us, he was always the observant one. I guess that's what made us feel so close to him, whether he was talking to us while White was thinking by herself or when it was just the two of us in my palace, even going as far as trying to defend Pink's actions. As much as I tried to bend the rules unlike White and Yellow would, G/C would always want to defend and help Pink, White even lowering Pink's punishment and dismissing G/C's. We would always punish Pink yet G/C seemed different, something that made us go soft on his actions and anyone he defended. If only I had known before he was...gone..."

[Flashback]

Pink sat down in empty room of the prison tower, head hanging down as she stared at the ground before hearing the massive doors open, Blue Diamond on the other end.

Blue Diamond: I cannot believe you! Making a scene like that!
Pink Diamond: I didn't mean for them to scatter around the place! What have you done that made them scared enough to do it?!
Blue Diamond: What have I done?! What have you done!? You're the one that wanted to keep those organics from the Kyanite colony! I'm just the fool that let you. Now your little pets are chasing the Pearls up and down the halls. What were you thinking!? Letting them loose in the ballroom? They could be anywhere...

Before Blue could continue, a cute, rainbow-colored, fuzzy creature with a caterpillar-like body fell from a crack in the room's ceiling and into Blue's hair. It popped out, speaking in weird yet cute voice. Blue immediately noticed and freaked out.

Blue Diamond: Pink!

Blue swatted the creature out of her hair, the creature hitting the wall with a light "Smack" and falling into Pink's arms. The creature spoke with joy in its voice, apparently unfazed by the hit it took from the massive, blue gem.

Blue Diamond: Ugh. Please. Just get rid of it.

Pink then set it down by crack in the door by her and the creature slid inside. Blue only sighs and stares out through the small window high up, reaching eye height to the blue gem.

Blue Diamond: Pink... White is very unhappy with you. If this keeps up, she's going to take away your Pearl.

Pink looks down as a tear from her falls to the ground.

Pink Diamond: I know. I'm sorry...
Blue Diamond: Why do you always do this Pink?
Pink: I just– I–
Blue Diamond: It doesn't matter. Just think about what you've done. I only hope that you learn this time...

Blue begins to make her way out as the door opens automatically. As soon as she is on the other side, she closes the doors, leaving Pink standing in the room alone. Pink slowly began to tear up, but tried her best to not break down. After a few seconds, she began to hear loud footsteps. Pink began rubbing her eyes to get rid of the tears, ready and expecting Yellow to burst in the room. The footsteps stopped and the door slid open, revealing to be G/C Diamond instead. Pink grew surprised as tears began to from in her eyes again.

Pink Diamond: G/C!
G/C Diamond: Hey, Pink.
Pink Diamond: What are you doing here?
G/C: I came to check on you. How are you doing?
Pink Diamond: I–I....

Pink turns around, her right arm rubbing her left.

Pink Diamond: Why can't I get the approval of the others?
G/C: Well, you have mine, if it makes you feel better.
Pink Diamond: I know I have yours. How come you're not like them? I'm surprised you're not acting so harsh to what I do and acting "professional."
G/C Diamond: I don't know, but whatever reason...