Room for Ruby

Overseer's POV

Number of humans created within the past 24 hours: 287,074
Number of deaths within the past 24 hours: 167,890
Technology tampered within the past 24 hours: 0

Reports of Earth's well-being and my technology popped up within the screen with each passing second – not enough time to fully read each one but for me, I could read all of it with ease. Another screen popped up to the left of the screen I was originally looking at – this one showing multiple surveillance screens. Each screen showed a different area of Beach City and even other locations. Nothing out of the ordinary appeared on them. Either the location was barren or there were people walking by in the city. It seemed that everything was at peace for now. My only is that it stays like that for some time. My thoughts on Earth's well-being then turned towards Steven and the Crystal Gems, to Homeworld, and then The Diamonds. Looking back now – between me and Blue's conversations and how she treated me – it worried me about how she would react. Yellow Diamond wouldn't care about me going missing since, to her, I was just another human – a human which looked a little too much like someone she once knew. But for Blue, Yellow would do anything to make sure she stopped crying. If Blue is unhappy, then there is no doubt that Yellow will help, even if she doesn't understand or agree with it. But it doesn't matter now, the what happened is done, the only thing left to do now is make sure they don't try anything towards Earth or its inhabitants.

Overseer: Keep it together...

Before I could continue looking at the rest of the incoming reports, a small alarm played from the screen on the left, a Diamond shape blinking red and orange. The screen showed up again, but this time, it showed a layout of the ship along with the shield. Looking at it, I noticed a blinking red dot on the back end of the shield. Something hit it.

Overseer: Is this an attack?

My question was answered as I noticed a figure flying by the window of the ship. Looking at it, I realized it was one of the five Rubies that came to Earth. The locations of their gem told me who it was.

Overseer: Navy?

The small, red gem began rubbing their head, most likely from hitting my ship. Navy didn't notice my ship, mainly due to it being invisible, but I could tell she was wondering what she hit. Before I could do anything though, she began falling towards Earth as she then turned into massive pink ball of fire. I quickly used my ship to scan her and her trajectory. It didn't take long before knowing that she was most likely headed for Beach City, whether she wanted to or not. I thought of going down there to throw her back to Homeworld or some other galaxy, but I put off.

Y/N: Forget it. There's only one of her compared to Steven and the others. She won't make a big enough impact to cause severe damage to this planet. Speaking of the others, I should probably visit them soon. I haven't visited them since being rescued from that whole Blue ordeal.

I'll visit them soon, but not now. Maybe in the morning. And by then, Navy will most likely be caught and captured. The screens showed up once more as I began my continued watch over the planet – and closer watch on Beach City. The hours passed and from where the light of the sun was hitting on Earth, it was now morning for Beach city. I would've used my teleporter to get to Earth but it was pretty far from Beach City. As much as I liked the journey and taking in the beautiful sight, I need to be quick with finding that Ruby and if she was caught. I looked at the surveillance cameras around the city, looking for one that was alone with no one in sight. I noticed one camera overlooking the city from the lighthouse's point – no one nearby with enough distance to keep me from being noticed. Without taking anymore time, I quickly teleported to the lighthouse. The cold, empty walls of my ship now replace by the open, warm atmosphere of Beach City. I looked around, making sure no one saw me. Nothing. Good. I quickly made sure to reshape my form into Y/N and began to make my way down towards Steven's house. It took a bit, but I finally made to his house, finally walking up the stairs to the porch and right to the front door. I was about to knock, but the abruptly door immediately opened with massive force, making me back up as quickly as I could as to not get hit.