Missing

Y/N's POV

Y/N: This can't be – how did they suddenly disappear?!

After dropping Steven at his house, I cloaked myself with my invisibility as to avoid whatever I felt was following me. After that, I kept my promise to find Lars, but that mission only changed with every step. I tried to find Lars, but it soon turned to Onion as well since I noticed Sour Cream placing posters around the area. The mission once again changed when I tried to ask Sadie if she had seen any of them. She not in her house and checking the still closed Big Donut had only raised my suspicion. The goal now increased to three as far as I know. I flew away from the city and into the woods as to give me solitude. From there screens appeared before me, each with surveillance systems. No matter which screen I looked, not one of the three missing were in sight. Whatever followed me must've been connected to them in some way, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in either screen. Whatever they are, they are good at keeping away from my surveillance systems – most likely staying within areas out of anyone's sight. I sighed as I took the screens away, soon laying my back on the side of nearby tree.

Y/N: All their tracks end so abruptly, like they just up and vanished. And whatever followed me has to be a part of this. But where could they be?

I closed my eyes as I kept running the surveillance systems through my archive. One by one, each system showed no sign of abnormalities – not one thing. It seems like I've hit a dead end with this. Then I realized something – the people who went missing were close to Steven. Last we saw Lars was at his house when we left him alone, and Sadie walked alone back to her house most likely. If they were being taken, then Steven could be probable target as well. I looked through the surveillance systems once more, checking if Steven was in any one of them. Nothing.

Y/N: 'Could they have taken him, too?'

My thoughts were cut off as I began to feel the ground shake slightly, soon followed by the sound of heavy steps. I stood still in surprise as I heard the steps come from behind me. I peeked to my left slightly, peering from the tree behind me as I saw a massive figure walking within the massive bushes and trees. Zooming in my view, I could now see the figure perfectly. A Topaz. She was much bigger than normal, so I can only guess that she's a fusion – though I couldn' t find the other gem besides the one on the left of her head. What is a Gem like her doing here?! Not only that, she had the missing people stuck in her, only the top half of their heads showing. Lars, Sadie, Jamie, and Onion. I was right to suspect someone took them – but a Topaz? Why?   I could see the rest struggle within the massive Gem as it only walked by to the left, a stoic expression on her face. Observing the situation stopped as I heard a voice ring out from within the woods we stood in.

"Topaz! I found one! I found one! I found a Connie!"
Y/N: 'Connie?!'

The Topaz turned around, allowing me to see another Topaz gem on the other side of her head. The Topaz fusion walked away from my view as I quickly flew towards them whilst making sure to keep myself hidden. The closer I got, the more voices I could hear. The fusion took haste as I lost her, but the voices only grew louder. Eventually, I reached a thick pile of bushes with the Topaz' head and shoulders peering from the other side, facing away from me. I stood on the ground, no longer in the air as I could hear the situation perfectly.

Aquamarine: Can't believe they wasted an Aquamarine on a job like this. It's so easy you could've done it yourself, Topaz.

Aquamarine?! A Topaz and an Aquamarine are high ranking Gems, the only reason they would be here is if they were sent personally by... the Diamonds. I peeked to see the Topaz begin to turn my way as I hastily turn invisible and got out of the way. It worked as the Topaz said nothing and moved past the bushes, walking away as I noticed Connie now stuck in her form. Another gem swiftly flew past me as it took the lead from the Topaz. Aquamarine. The two went away as I made myself visible again before peering through the bushes they past by. The first thing I noticed was an unconscious Steven stuck in a hollow log.