someone like u

word count: 1850

enjoy this conclusion!

DISCLAIMER: this is an EPILOGUE to the mini-series as follows:

part 1: "positions"
part 2: "obvious"
part 3: "pov"
part 3.5 (epilogue): "someone like u"

so make sure to read those BEFORE this!

thank you!

////////////////////////////////////////////////

track fifteen: someone like u

////////////////////////////////////////////////

hand in hand.
you and me.
today.
tomorrow.
forever.

UNKNOWN

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Epilogue of "Positions"

////////////////////////////////////////////////

i've been waiting for someone like you,
baby, this time, please don't be too good to be true

Y/N's POV

If someone would have told me a year ago that I'd be getting married, I would have told them they were insane.

None of this felt real. I was certain every single time that I looked down at my left hand I would see nothing on my fourth finger, yet every time without fail there was certainly a ring there.

She had proposed sooner than I would have expected, but I was never going to complain about such a thing. If I'm being honest, I had never expected her to propose. I had always believed that when the time was right I would propose to her.  She enjoyed jewelry and being pampered, so I had always assumed it would be her getting the ring.

At first, I thought she was joking. I told her to "Get the fuck up! People will think you're being serious!" But sure enough, she was being entirely serious.

We had been on a weekend getaway at her new London estate when she popped the question.

She proposed at Kew Gardens and my first instinct had obviously been to tell her to stop because the gardens weren't vacant and I could already see people beginning to get their phones out.

But, she stayed down, and I realized she was in earnest. I started sobbing which actually really irritates me now because the videos people have seen online are positively horrendous.

And all of that is how I ended up exactly where I was right now, about to have my first dance with Ariana as my wife.

Wife.

She was my wife.

"What are you thinking about?" Ariana asked softly.

I smiled as I pulled her into my body and grabbed her hand. She placed her free one around my shoulders as we began to sway to an orchestral rendition of 'point of view'. I felt tears starting to form in the corners of my eyes as she laid her head on my shoulder and quietly mumbled the lyrics close to my ear. I closed my eyes and let her perfume slowly waft around me.