love language

Word count: 2,858

I would like to start this off by profusely apologizing for how long this incredibly short chapter took. I have been having a lot of problems with my physical health and mental health, so this book wasn't in my top priorities. I wanted to write but every time I did, it was never good enough, and even now, I don't know if this chapter is necessarily good enough. I hope this will be the last time I have to write a prologue like this. Thank you so much for your patience with me and I'm so sorry. Please enjoy this mediocre chapter. Also please be kind to me, I know this isn't the best <3

////////////////////////////////////////////////

track eleven: love language

////////////////////////////////////////////////

i wonder if it's possible
to have a love affair
that lasts forever.

ANDY WARHOL

////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you're gonna keep speaking my love language
You can talk your shit all night

Ariana's POV

| TWO WEEKS BEFORE COACHELLA. |

"I heard Y/N agreed to do Coachella with you." Tommy said as he reviewed the set list.

"Yeah, kinda shocked if I'm honest." I shrugged.

He looked up and squinted. "Why? That's such a huge honor?"

I thought for a moment. Yeah, it was a huge honor, but after our FaceTime call I honestly never thought we'd talk again. I was borderline heartbroken for the first week but then came to the realization that she was not, and never was mine. We had agreed to be friends, yet barely spoke unless it came to preforming.

"We aren't exactly on speaking terms." I told him.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Two weeks ago you were all over that girl and now you're not in speaking terms?"

I sighed. "It's a long ass story."

He slowly nodded, seeming displeased with my answer but not wanting to delve deeper into it. I was closed off when it came to my love life, he probably thought it was nothing more than that.

I closed my eyes and began to rub my temples from the massive headache that seemed to be inevitable. Y/N had agreed last week to do Coachella and I had been so happy because it means I could potentially preform some of the songs I hadn't got the chance to yet. My fans had been begging for me to sing Moonlight, though I wasn't shocked considering how much they liked it. Y/N and I had agreed to sing R.E.M, better off (which I was incredibly nervous about.), successful, love me harder, needy, and one of her songs.

Y/N had a new album coming out soon titled "Life Support", which shocked me considering she just came out with latest album less than five months ago. She told me I wasn't allowed to hear it until it came out, but revealed that some of the songs were actually about me. She was normally closed off when it came to music, meaning she didn't open up that much... but she had told me this was different and definitely would be her vulnerable era.