Trauma

'So?' Edward repeated his question. Hoping for an answer that would make sense of all this but truthfully he couldn't think of one himself.
'Well Edward, you see...' the man stuttered almost flustered not sure on what to say.

'I can't say' the man said surely, convinced that was the right thing to say.
'What? Why not' Edward slightly pinker than his normal pale-white complexion. He was frustrated, not sure who he had been speaking to these past few days.

'It's a danger. To both of us...' the man paused then continued 'I need to know more about your situation before I know it's safe for me to tell you, you see my occupation has been becoming more and more unsafe' The mans eyes flickered with a sense of sadness-but not fear.

'Well what am I supposed to do with that' Edwards voice becoming louder and louder
'I'm supposed to just trust a random man with something that has troubled me and brought me fear' his voice now loud enough a bird in the tree outside his hotel window had flown away.

'I know it's hard Edward but for now it's the best I can do- look I could do something to show you I am doing everything for your best interest-' Edward cut the man off.
'What could be so great, I would trust you?' He spoke in a sarcastic tone of voice

But the man replied in a much more serious voice 'Well I could show you something, on Tuesday' - it was currently Saturday.

4 days, could I really trust this man? Edward thought as he considered the offer. He wondered over to the golden oak dresser and stood there brooding.

'I only ask for one more thing, you finish your story- I also need to see if I can trust you.' Edward was looking directly at the man now,
'I guess, I've already told you half of it- I might aswell finish it'

'Care for a walk, Edward- oh and one more thing please call me Percy for now.'
'Okay... Percy' Edward knew that wasn't his real name but awkwardly still used it.

They reached the lake, they had previously walked around but the only difference was that this time they were doing it in daylight- Edward of course had his hood up and sunglasses on- almost as if he was a celebrity. There was an awkward silence that tended to happen between the two of them.

Percy, broke the silence. 'So you were telling me before about a girl called Bella, you said she was new to your school- did you too meet after the affair in the dining hall?'
'Well yes of course she is a very important factor from how I ended up here- after what happened in the cafeteria she seemed to have taken a liking to me and I wasn't opposed to it too, eventually she asked to meet after school one day. It was hard being around her and all though with her being human sometimes I just wanted to suck on her- sorry sidetracked' Edward quickly wondered how he hadn't the same bloodlust for the man standing beside him.

'So even though it was hard- I needed answers to what happened at lunch, so I ran along with it, anyways I don't want to bore you with every detail of my life so I'll just skip to what happened next, I had science with Bella the next day and somehow by coincidence we had been seated next to each other. The conversation was pretty normal until I accidentally brushed past her hand and touched it.'

Edward paused.

'The same thing happened- my world around evaporated-black-but then suddenly some sort of memory, the same charming boy with raven black hair looking at me but this time there wasn't blood or fear in his eyes. Just happiness- it was almost enjoyable when.'

Edward paused again- this time looking at the man with pure terror in his eyes

'The boy looked around fear suddenly took over the background changing from a garden of sorts to a graveyard- when a man with a hauntingly pale face shot something green out of his wand- missing the boy but hitting me'

'avada kedavra' the man whispered faintly under his breath.

'that's when I snapped back to reality, the girl- Bella, looked at me with concern if I was her I would have too. She told me my eyes rolled back til all she could see was the whites of my eyes. I asked why she didn't get help but said it was so quick she didn't have time. This was the second time I had an experience like this and both times with her involved.'

'but both times I had seen this boy I knew there was something. Something I needed I felt comfort around him even though what was happening was horrible'

'did this happen any other times?' the man questioned in a tone that seemed like he didn't want to asked Edward but had to.
Edward glanced at him.
'Yes multiple more times-each time involving this girl and a different memory- some positive and some negative but each time the negative ones got more and more unspeakable it was horrible and painful- but I needed to understand what and why this was going on and why that girl was involved'

'So I did the only thing- I could think of and researched on the internet but when that failed me- saying I had PTSD- I was left more confused than when I started.'

The man stopped- like he had figured something out, Edward stopped in his tracks but the man stood there as if he was processing something to say.

'What if it is PTSD'
the man shot a deadly serious glare at Edward sending chills down his abnormally strong spine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thank you for reading the 4th chapter of my Hedric Mystery :D I hope you continue to read. This is my ingest chapter yet! Leave me any notes or theories in the messages :)))
-Raven