"Hearts Broken And Fixed"

M/N was still by the pool,he was playing with the water with his fingers as he sang to himself.The other boys who were swimming in the water could clearly hear the boy's voice,San swam to him and grabbed his hand.M/N yelped and managed to not fall into the water,the older grinned "Wanna swim with us?You could make a metal sheet you can float on~".M/N agreed and made a sheet of metal that could float on the water's surface before going on it,he couldn't move the sheet with his hands so he just floated to the center of the pool.Doyoung laughed before swimming to the M/N and placing his hand on the metal sheet,he smiled and kissed the boy's cheek.M/N giggled before laying on the sheet,he dipped his arms in and played with the water.The older looked into the boy's eyes and smiled "Do you know hyung loves you?",the younger nodded "Mhm!".Doyoung caressed the boy's cheek with a smile and laughed when M/N yelped at Yangyang grabbing his hands from below.Doyoung grinned "Wanna try to swim?Your leg might be healed already",M/N nodded as fear rushed in his mind.He slowly went in the water after removing his socks and shoes,he was shocked when he could actually kick through the water.He made the metal sheet disappear and started swimming around,Doyoung and Yangyang followed from behind while having a big smile on their faces.Doyoung instantly got M/N in his arms when the boy seemed to struggle to kick his legs,the older laughed "Seems you're not yet ready for swimming,aren't you?".The child nodded and pouted,Yangyang smiled "Don't worry,we'll carry you around the water because the pool is not fully reaching our height.It just reaches around our stomachs".M/N nodded and laughed when Doyoung started carrying him to the other boys,Haechan and Jisung instantly swam before sighing in defeat as Jeno got the 10-year-old faster than them.M/N giggled before playing with the older's wet hair,Jeno grinned before nuzzling the boy's neck "You're such a little baby~".Haechan crossed his arms "That's the whole point,have you been sleeping under a rock or have you just not noticed the whole time you do things with him?",the boy laughed "He's just used to complimenting me so he could see my smile,hyung.Cut him some slack~".Jaemin suddenly felt an flame burn in his heart,he walked back in with a towel around him as he seemed upset.M/N slowly swam to the edge of the pool and followed him,he grabbed the older's hand and turned red when Jaemin locked eyes with him.Jaemin sighed "Listen..I know you like Jeno but I can't help but feel-",he was taken aback when he felt the boy hug him.M/N smiled "I know you're jealous and I'm fine with it,I know you love me and I respect that.Even if I don't reciprocate your feelings back,I'll treasure you as someone who made me live with a smile",Jaemin grinned as he ruffled the boy's hair "Don't do that to hyung,you might make him cry".M/N kissed the older's cheek and lips,he giggled "Then I'll wipe your tears and make sure a smile is on hyung's face!".Jaemin laughed before kissing M/N's forehead,"I love you at the bottom of my heart,M/N-ah~" he said with a smile.The child nodded "Me too,hyung~",Taeyong and Jeno watched the two as their hearts melted.

TIMESKIP

After the week ended,the boys were back to venturing for materials before they leave to continue their journey to find the futuristic city of their dreams.M/N watched from afar as he could see the a faint light,Jaemin tapped on the boy's shoulder "M/N-ah?".The boy went back to reality and smiled awkwardly "S-s-sorry!What were you saying again?",Jeno laughed "Its time for us to come back to the base".M/N nodded as he got his revolver and stood up,he went out the building they stayed in while it was raining a few minutes ago.The group walked to the direction of their base and could notice that they were still far from their destination,M/N walked upfront as he held his gun by his side.He could sense movement and looked at his watch,he turned behind the group and threw a bomb."360 formation now!" he yelled and the others followed,they started shooting as the tsunami of zombies came.They managed to survive the first wave and used the advantage to run,some of the boys including Jaemin and Tag tripped as they ran.M/N tried to save them but Jaemin told him to throw the bomb to eliminate the zombies that were chasing them,he shook his head before hearing Jaemin yell "Remember what you said to me?Treasure me in your memories even if I'm gone,just throw it and run away with them!".M/N sobbed and closed his eyes before throwing the bomb,he ran with the others and could feel his heart break as he heard the explosion.They soon reached the hotel and everyone was crying,M/N was in a corner sobbing as he repeatedly told himself that he was the reason he killed some of the boys he spend time with.Hongjoong wiped the boy's tears and hugged him "You didn't kill them,he told you to leave them behind so you can be safe.Its not your fault,okay?",M/N shook his head "N-n-no..everyone is hurting because of me,I don't deserve to live...This happened because of me".Hongjoong was about to speak but could see M/N run up to his room,Jeno and Bongjae chased after the boy while the others knew that the child was suffering the most from all of them.