It's a Girl!

I was sparring with Peter when we were called to the conference room by Maria Hill.
    "We have a situation, it's urgent," she said to me, Peter, and Clint, who was watching and coaching the both of us.
    "How urgent?" Clint asked.
    "Urgent enough for me to come down in person."
    "That's fair."
     We all quickly cleaned up and Clint went ahead to the conference room while Peter and I cleaned ourselves up a bit. We were both sweating like pigs, since we had been wrestling for hours.
     It had been almost three years since we had met, and both of us were full-fledged Avengers now, having graduated highschool. Peter was taking college courses at MIT, while I mainly focused on missions.
     Peter had pretty much stayed the same, gaining nothing but experience in his brain. I became less sporadic and more focused, since I didn't really have HYDRA to worry about anymore. That first year, after I was recovering from that first mission, I lived in constant fear of HYDRA coming and taking me.     But they still haven't come, and now I know I have the strength to destroy them all.
    I had been on a couple missions since that first one, but they were small, and I was supervised by Steve and Natasha. I also had school to work on, but it was online. I had so much time on my hands at the tower, I ended up finishing all of highschool in two years. I was seventeen now, and Peter was a full adult at 18.
    We entered the conference room, still all sweaty, but we cleaned up as best we could.
    The people sitting around the table were Clint, Steve, Winter, Natasha, Tony, Vision, Wanda, Sam, and now the two of us as well.
    We waited for a bit until Director Fury himself came in and dropped the bomb.
    "Congratulations Barnes," he said as he sauntered in and dropped his computer, along with a few paper files on the glass table. "It's a girl."
    Winter narrowed his eyes.
    "Are you referring to her?" He asked after a moment of silence and pointed at me. "Because I've known that she was a girl for a while now."
    I rolled my eyes and turned back to Fury, confused.
    "Nope." Fury chuckled. "Turns out you've got another one."
    I sensed Natasha widening her eyes, so I quickly asked the question we were all thinking.
    "Is she Natasha's too?"
    Fury shook his head. "Nope. The mother is unknown at this point. She isn't in any of our records."
    "How are we figuring this out just now?" Tony asked, nonchalant as always. "Do you have any more children Barnes?"
    "That information's classified."
    Now I widened my eyes.
    "What? So you're saying there's multiple? As in more than one, or two?"
    "That information's classified," Fury repeated.
    Winter was speechless, as he should be. The idea of having one child had sunken in, but the idea of multiple? That was bound to drive him crazy. I know it would give me a heart attack if I had lived a life accepting that I would never have children, and then suddenly learning that I had multiple. I was so focused on how he felt that I didn't even realize she was my sibling.
    "Alright who is she?" Winter finally asked. He recovered quicker than I expected.
    Fury pulled up a projection from his computer. A camera feed from a HYDRA base was easy enough to recognize.
    But the girl in it was not.
    She was in a cell, curled in a ball, her thick, brown hair covering her face. This triggered Wanda, and Vision took her hand in his. He murmured something too soft to hear, but her eyes gradually turned from terrified to merely disturbed.
    "Remind you of anything Ms. Maximoff?" Fury asked knowingly. She nodded.
    "That's like the cell that my brother and I were held in in HYDRA."
    She spat out the words as if they were venom in her mouth.
    "Do you know who this is?" He asked her. She shook head softly, as if even saying the word HYDRA had sapped all her energy. Fury then turned to me.
    "Do you know who this is?" He repeated.
    "Not from that little ball, no."
    "What if the name Evyr jogs your memory?"
My eyes widened even more.
    "Evyr?"
    "That's right, Ms. Barnes," Fury said. "This is Evyr Green."
    "Evergreen?" Tony asked. "What is she, the spring soldier?"
    "Actually, yes Mr. Stark," Fury turned to him.  He leaned on the table.
    "Evyr Green is the Spring Soldier."

Read my announcement if you have any questions, and don't hesitate to ask something if you're confused. This one might become hard to understand. 😁 Hope you enjoy this new story!