James

Evyr's POV

    And so we all stood.

    The only line of defense between Jotunheim and Earth.

    I looked to the looming clouds above us. The air was becoming colder by the second, and alarms sounded everywhere, alerting citizens to stay inside, even go underground if they could.

    I listened to the small cries of children, they could barely be heard from up here, but they made my heart sink. I couldn't let them die.

    I was aware of the mask on my face, and how it was similar to my father's and my sister's. A wave of guilt came over me as I realized that I didn't know anything about Bucky.

    He was my dad, and I avoided him for the only time I had with him, and now it was too late to make up for lost time. I didn't even know his real name. That information was also redacted in the HYDRA files. 

    At least I could do right by one thing.

    "Hey, um," I started, turning to face him. "What's your name? I assume Bucky is a nickname."

    His eyes softened and the grip on his gun loosened ever so slightly.

    "It's James," he said softly. As if reading my mind, he placed his flesh hand on my shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

    "I wish we had more time," he admitted softly. Then he turned to Auri and Natasha, who's eyes showed emotion that I had never seen before.

    "All of us."

    "Hey," Steve interrupted with a soothing yet firm voice. "We're not going to talk about this like it's the end, okay? It may be but we're going to fight like we have nothing to lose."

    I let my eyes fall and I turned back to the skyline. I could feel anger and malice coming closer, they were almost here.

    Closer.

    Closer.

    A large thud behind us caused me to jump.

    "Well well," said a voice. "Now you have a Healer under your control. What more could I take from you?"

    I turned around to see a giant. A magnificently big and blue man that would have been really cool to look at if it weren't for the fact that he was going to kill us. His red eyes rested on me. I did my best to hold his gaze, but Auri stepped in front of me, blocking his view.

    "Well," he said again. "I assume my son has told you of our exchange."

    "We're not even going to let you try," Steve growled, the captain in him shining bright as the sun.

    "Seems slightly pointless, trying to stop me when all you have is a small group of humans against a whole army," the giant replied. Thor tightened his grip on his hammer.

    "Asgard's army is on its way! Then you will stand no chance!" He boomed.

    Laufey grinned.

    "They aren't here now, are they? When they arrive, there will be nothing left of your beloved planet. What you have done will be repaid."

    His hand shifted into the form of a really really cold blade, and he stood to his full height.

    "Earth will fall at the foot of Jotunheim. And it starts with the killing of the Healer!"

    He lunged for Auri, brushing her out of the way as if she were dandelion fluff.

    She yelped as she crashed into our dad, and I had no time to respond before I was pushed off the building.