Plants Still Die

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated on a while, things have been crazy with school and exams and all that stuff. But once summer rolls around(literally next week) I should be updating a lot more regularly. Enjoy!

Evyr's POV

"Is your real name Evyr Green?"

"No."

"What's your real name?"

"Test Subject 5133."

"Mkay." Mr. Stark tapped on a tablet and asked me another question. The machine they hooked me up to was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"No."

After a hesitant pause, Stark gave me a disbelieving look.

"Liar."

I tried to act as offended as possible, but it may have come off as a joke.

"What? No, I really don't have any siblings."

"Liar," Stark said. "I can see it on the machine."
I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I have one," I admitted hesitantly.

"Who?"

"I won't tell you that."

Fury was in the room, observing. "And you can't," he said. "That information is classified."

"Come on, Fury," Bucky pleaded. "I think we deserve to know."

Steve elbowed him in the side before he could say anything else. Something passed between them with that look, and I knew something was being hidden from me. They didn't need to know about him anyway. He wasn't a threat to them. Actually he was, but at the moment, they didn't need to concern themselves with him. Only with me.

"How long is this going to take?" I asked. "I much prefer to be in a tree than a lie detector machine."

"Don't worry, I only have one more question to ask,"Tony mumbled.  "What is the full extent of your ability?"

I thought for a minute. "Well, as you saw earlier, I can speed up and rewind plant life I guess, and I've been working on it with animals and humans as well. I can heal things too, but it takes a lot of energy and I still can't do it very well. And that's everything that I know of at the moment."

    All while I was talking, Mr. Stark was typing it down on his tablet. And when he finished, he unhooked me from the machine and I gave a sigh of relief to be free.

    "Okay Ev," Auri said to me. She still spoke to me like a baby, which pissed me off. "Now we need to run a couple more tests on you so that we can get a full assessment of your strength and stuff like that."

    "Mkay Auri,-"

    "Don't call me that."

    "Mkay Auri, I'm fifteen. I need you to treat me like I'm fifteen."

    She grabbed my shoulder and walked me to the elevator along with the rest of the group. The one that Auri introduced to me as Bruce Banner was especially interested in me. He tested me for Gamma radiation already, and didn't find any. He was absolutely obsessed with me.

    "Do you know anything about the serum they gave you as an infant?" he asked me. I shook my head, surprised. What serum?

    "No, but let's come back to that later!"

    "What-"

    "Banner, shut up," Fury snapped.

    I topped out at around 1000 pounds on the bench press. Not my best, which is what I told them, but they didn't believe me.