Falling Fast

AUTHORS NOTE
Fudge.... Volleyball Conditioning has made me super sore and delayed me with the story. Welp, it's here now, so enjoy!

Stay Fabulous! ~Coolio
-----------------------------

"Vil... Hey, Villager..."

"Hngg... Resetti, I told you I 'saved my game'...."

"VILLAGER! Get up! It's almost noon!"

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning, looking forward. Little Mac stood above me, face filled with impatience.

"Morning, Sunshine.", He said. "Today's a special day, right?"

I think so... I began to think. What was it...

"Oh Crap! The match!", I yelled, quickly jumping off the bed, almost hitting Mac square in the nose, and put my shoes on.

"Yeah, the match. Now pack all your weapons in that weird pocket of yours and let's go!", He said, unlocking the dorm. I ran out the door, locking it, before I ran out after the boxer.

"Wait... Where are we gonna face off?", I asked, confused. Tournaments are in a week, right? And the stages are still being constructed!

"Well, while you were dosing off in Dreamland, I asked Master Hand if we could brawl for a bit. He said that we could play in the Battlefield.", Little Mac explained, walking inside the Stage Select room. I gave him a sheepish smile before going inside the teleporter labeled "Battlefield".

White light obscured my vision until it faded, my surroundings unfamiliar to me. I stepped off, allowing Little Mac to have access here. The Battlefield was beautiful! The main stage was a big floating island, with three platforms hovering above it like a triangle. Around it were smaller islands holding broken parts of what seemed to be a castle or stadium, some holding the Smash Flag.

"Woah...", I heard Little Mac say as he appeared from the teleporter. "I guess it's time to fight."

Hearing those words I took my slingshot and aimed for his forehead. I released it, hitting him dead center. He glared at me as I gave him a cheeky grin.

"Oh you are so dead...", he muttered, rubbing his forehead.
-----------------------------

Oh I am so dead...

I pulled out Loid and set him in front of me. Both me and Little Mac lost a stock so it's now or never. Loid flew towards Little Mac, but he dodged it with ease. I put on my Boxing Gloves, jabbing at him, but he countered and made me fly near the edge of the stage, making me panic. I looked in the sky and thought that my prayers were answered.

In the sky was a Smash Ball, floating around randomly. I ran towards it, smacking turnips on it, trying to break the shell. I did one last jump, aiming my slingshot at it.

Carefully... 1,2...

3!

Bullseye! The shell shattered, energy filling my body, my vision now tinted yellow. I smiled, but screamed when Little Mac grabbed me and threw me off the stage, gravity pulling me towards losing. I frantically searched my pockets, finding my recovery item. Struggling, I pulled out everything but what I needed.

I felt a helmet and pulled it out, putting it on and pushing a button, making Two Balloons appear on it, lifting me to safety. I ran towards Little Mac and activated my Final Smash.

I called Tom Nook, telling him that I wanted a house built. He appeared in front of me with Tommy and Timmy. I gave him a sack of bells, telling him to build a house with a bomb where Mac was. Tom nodded and I cheered him on, Tommy and Timmy working on the exterior and Tom throwing furniture inside.

We did a celebration pose, but I didn't know that the blast radius was big, so it blew up in my face, knocking Mac off the stage, ending the match.

"Oh yeah! See, a kid can fight!", I said beaming, jumping on Little Mac's back when the floating platform brought him back.

He chuckled, giving me a piggyback ride out the stage. "Fine... your right...", he said, walking towards the diner. "I'm hungry..."

"Oh my god. Same here. I NEED MA FOOD!", I groaned, slapping Little Mac's back playfully.

"Okay then! LET'S-A-GO!"

"Hey! That's-a my line!", we heard Mario yell from his room.