Competition

AUTHORS NOTE.
Wow, I'm happy at how this book is turning out. Turns out Little Mac is a softie. Hope this one is good too!

Stay fabulous! ~Coolio
-----------------------------
"Hngg... Where am I?"

I looked around myself. I was back in my town. Everything was darker and the ground was wet. I walked around, only to feel the ground shake, making me fall. I looked over my left and screamed. I felt a shadow grab my arm and pull me down. I pulled on it, only to get the rest of my limbs stuck.

It felt like millions of knives stab my back as I fell slowly. The more I struggled, the more agonizing it felt. I fell into darkness, looking at the object in front of me.

An axe, just like mine, only covered in red blood. Behind it were graves, each containing a random name. Voices began to laugh, taunting me, making me feel alone.

Scared. Unwanted. I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry so badly. And so I did. I cried for what seemed like hours, until another earthquake began.

"Vil!"

I opened my eyes, seeing Little Mac, concern written on his face.

"Wh- I'm back! Oh thank Gosh!", I hugged Little Mac, him patting my back. He let go and looked at my eyes.

"Are you okay? I woke up and heard you sobbing", I wiped my face, feeling dried tears. I shook my head and hung my head down.

"Tell me about your nightmare.", Little Mac said softly. I began my story, starting from me in my town and ending with the graves.

"Here. Get some rest. Don't worry, I'm here if you do get another nightmare.", I thanked him before dozing off, able to sleep soundly.
-----------------------------

I woke up to the sound of voices outside. "Are you all serious?", I grumbled before closing my eyes again, only to hear shouting. I stood up and changed my clothes. I can't sleep with all this madness.

I walked downstairs to see Mario and Bowser fighting on the field with the Hand Brothers with the crowd of people. I saw Wii Fit and walked up to her. "What's going on?", I asked, rubbing my eyes. "We're doing a warm up Tournament. The winner takes on an opponent, then that winner takes on another until there is one winner standing.", she explained, not taking her eyes off the fight.

Gasps were emitted when Mario flew towards Master Hand. "The winner is Bowser! Next opponent is Peach!", Master Hand announced. Mario walked up to Bowser and shook his hand, congratulating him.

This went on for an hour. I got really worried because Ganondorf kept winning matches nonstop, and after Captain Falcon, it would be my turn. Ganon smiled as he grabbed Falcon's neck, making him fall before using his Wizard's Foot, knocking Falcon towards the crowd. "The winner is Ganondorf. The next opponent is Villager!", I walked slowly towards the makeshift stage, the "ledges" marked in the dirt as well as offstage. I gulped as Ganon stared at me grinning.

"3..2..1..GO!", Master announced as Ganondorf rushed towards me. I dodged it, making him lose control before glaring at me. I gave him a smile as I took out my friend, Loid(Loyyd whatever!)
and he flew towards Ganon, hitting him in the chest. I began to jab at him and threw out as many attacks I could as fast as I could. Cheers came from everyone, including Crazy Hand. This gave me the confidence I needed. I was on the verge of winning until Ganondorf grabbed me on the throat, crushing it a bit.

He threw me on the ground, like the last time, and gasps were passed around. He began to start a smash attack and I struggled to get up. I was paralyzed.

"Villager", Mario began. Wii Fit joined, too. "Villager", Little Mac chanted. Soon everyone began to cheer. "Biwwager", Kirby managed to say.

"VILLAGER!", everyone cheered.

I opened my eyes and quickly got up. They believed me! I can't let them down. Ganon used his sheild and I began to jab at it, seeing it shrink significantly. It broke, leaving him vulnerable. I took out a bowling ball and raised it as high as I could, until letting it go, having it fall on Ganondorf, him flying off the makeshift stage.

"The winner is Villager!", Crazy screamed. Everyone cheered, including Wario. I looked at Ganon. "Beginner's Luck...", he mumbled. Pfft, puh-lease, this was my second time fighting.

With my new found strength, I fought the others, including the ones who lost to other competitors. I even managed to rough up Master Hand and Crazy Hand, both at the same time, before flying off stage.

"Well, it seems Villager might be stronger than we thought.", I heard Master say as I walked back to the diner with Wii Fit and Little Mac, others gossiping as they followed.

"Man that kid is tough", Link said.
"Seems the Triforce of Power couldn't handle it either", Zelda cuckled.
"Poyo!", Kirby agreed.
-----------------------------

I sat at the table, eating fruit until some other fighters joined me and my friends. Soon enough everyone sat with me. They began to ask me questions such as "Where are you from?" or "How did you learn to fight?", my friends helping me answer them.

Once I finished eating, I cleaned up and walked with Little Mac back to our room.

"So, how was popularity?", He asked.

"It's not as great as my friends are, but it's nice to have", I said, before racing off towards the door.