Prolouge

Hello lovelies! Stella here, I just wanted to say how happy I am to finally start this book! Im not yet sure about my update schedule so im just updating once i finish writing a chapter. Please don't start begging me to update. I'll update when I can.

Don't take that in an offensive way though!

Also COMMENT!
Reading you guys' comment's would motivate me a lot!
But anyway, Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Is she awake?" an unfamiliar female voice woke me up.

"I'm not sure." Another voice said, this time it was a male.

"Well then check Dearie!" The female voice said, with a tone.

"Are you Okay Mademóiselle?" The man said.

Mademóiselle? Who were these people? Where was I? So many thoughts ran through my head I didn't hear someone calling out my name.

"Katerina?! Where is she? Katerina!"

I didn't understand how any of these people knew my name until I heard the man's voice once more, this time it was soft and gentle.

"Oh Katerina im so sorry." Sounding as if he were crying, the man gently placed a hand on my cheek, wiping away a tear, though I wasn't sure why I was crying.

I slowly opened my eyes, as if just waking up, and looked at the man. He had soft green eyes, short blonde hair, and a jawline so sharp, it could cut through stone.

"Emanuel?" I gently spoke, my mouth felt weird, surely I hadn't spoken in a while. But I didn't care, I was happy to see my brother.

"Katerina! You're awake!" Emanuel's eyes brightened, but I hadn't noticed them, I was too busy looking around at the unfamiliar room, with unfamiliar faces staring at me.

"Sorry but, where are we?" I didn't fully know where I was, but it definitely wasn't Italia, I thought as I looked out the Window, I was someplace else, I just wasn't quite sure where.

"..We are in Jukesburg, Katerina." Emanuel replied.

Then I remembered. I was on a carriage, headed to the castle in France, I was to meet Queen Silvia, and we were to speak of her two sons, the two princes, but we had crashed into a nearby lake when the driver had accidentally let go of the ropes attached to the horses.

"I understand im in France, but Im not sure where I am." I reply with a small hint of annoyance, hopefully he didn't hear it in my tone.

"This kind family lended their home to you when they heard the crash outside, please be grateful, they could've ignored the sound and left you to di-"

He was shortly interrupted after the unfamiliar Lady spoke up "im sorry to interrupt but, Queen Silvia has arranged a carriage to pick you up shortly."

"Thank you Madame, we'll be out of your home in a bit" Emanuel replied quickly. Not shortly after, he started again. "Kat, when I arrived at the castle, and was later informed about your crash, I was deeply worried about mother..she has a weak heart and well I was scared she'd have a heart atta-" I interrupted him before he finished saying the word.

I know it sounds childish but, I didn't want him to jinx it by saying it.
"I know..Im sorry." I gently replied, placing my palm on his hand.

"Sorry? No. You are not the one who should be sorry, that d*mned driver should be here begging for forgiveness. Had he not let go of the leads, the horses wouldn't have ran off, and you wouldn't have crashed." He said angrily.

"Please don't do that Nuel, I-" I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

"Oh! Are they already here? So quick!" The lady quickly walked to the door and opened it.

"Hello Mademóiselle, is there a Katerina Sotile in this household?" The man said.

"Yes, there is! Katrina, the Queens' carriage has arrived!" She replied loudly.

"My name is Katerina, not Katrina I muttered with a scowl. Emanuel chuckled.

Once we got outside the man opened the carriage door and I carefully stepped inside and sat. He gently shut the door. I heard the man talking to Nuel outside, but I didn't care enough to listen in on their conversation.

Emanuel thanked the family who provided me a shelter to recover in, and rode to the castle on his horse, preparing the castle for my arrival.

*20 minutes later*

"Sorry but, are we almost there?" I shyly asked the man driving the carriage.

"Yes Mademóiselle, we should arrive in approximately 3 minutes." He replied.

Ughh, I have to sit in this hot carriage for 3 more minutes?! My corset is coming undone. Im tired. And I feel in need of a long bathe. My thoughts were interrupted as the man opened my door.

"We've arrived"

Oh. I guess 3 minutes wasn't as long as I thought. "Thank you. The ride was lovely." I lied.

As I stepped out of the carriage, another man, a handsome man, walked towards me, he looked familiar.