|Chapter 1| Mystery Man

"Lady Katerina of Savensburg I suppose?" The man asks when he notices me staring at his bright blue eyes.

I bow.

"And I suppose you are..Prince Elijah? No- Prince Marcel..?" I ask with a brave tone, really I was asking to save my self from future embarrassment.

"You supposed right the first time" he replied with a smile, I immediately thought he was laughing at me.

I guess he noticed that because he then said, "Oh please, come inside. It's quite chilly out here is it not?" It was not. it was quite hot out here in fact. I gave him a smile so that he would stop trying to change the subject in an awkward way. As if relieved, he let out a relaxed sigh and walked me inside.

As I walked in, I immediately noticed the stairs. They were huge. I must have been gawking at the stairs too obviously because Prince Elijah chuckled.

"What? I've got something on my face?" I say sarcastically, patting my mouth with my sleeve.

"No, you just looked as if you've never seen a flight of stairs before." He replies, obviously forcing back a laugh.

My cheeks went slightly red.
Was I being that obvious? I was just amazed at how beautiful the stairs looked- I was being silly.

"Care for anything to drink? Tea?" Elijah politely asks.

"Hm No thank you." I reply.

I jump as I hear someone scream.

"WONDERFUL! THE BEAUTY HAS ARRIVED HOME SAFELY!" Queen Silvia shouts.

"Ah..here she goes again.." A voice says behind her.

I immediately knew that voice. It was Prince Marcel.

Elijah chuckled, but dropped every emotion he had on his face, except pure hatred, at the sight of Marcel.

Ah..so this is what Queen Silvia wanted to talk about. These two boys have a fight going on, I wonder what it's about though.

"Katerina! Please come see Dear!" She shouted. She is quite loud.

"And who's this Mother? Another maid? Haven't we've got enough?" Marcel says with a disgusted look on his face. And a tone that had me in need of punching a wall.

"My name is Katerina. Lady of Savensburg. And I am NOT your maid. So if you'd kindly shut that pretty but nasty mouth of your-" I quickly covered my mouth. Great. I've not only talked rudely to the Prince..but I've insulted him too..

Everyone went silent. Even the servants cleaning nearby, who were once talking about their families, also went quiet. I had messed up..

Then Queen Silvia breaks the silence by saying "Ouch, that must've hurt your ego Marce....She's got SPUNK I LIKE IT!"

I dropped my hand and released the air I was randomly holding in.

Elijah whispered to me, "He deserved that. My respect for you has higtened immensely. Mother had been waiting for someone to tell him that aside from her. He never takes it seriously when things like that come from her."

I felt my face burn a bit. I give him a smile and look back at Queen Silvia, who's putting Marcel in his place, of course, He's not listening.

I make my way to the stairs.

I was about to walk up to The Queen when Marcel steps in front of me and scoffs. What's his problem? He was wayy nicer to me when we were children. How things change..

He looks me up and down once more before storming off.

"Don't mind him. He's always like that. Even to me!" Queen Silvia pouts.

I then freeze.

My corset chose the
Wrong.
Time.
To.
Come.
Loose.

I felt my sleeve slide down a bit, then I felt the bow at the back of my corset fall. I realized what had happened a bit too late. I thought there was a bug on me or something on my back that made me feel like if the bow had come undone. That wasn't the truth.

The truth was that my corset was getting ready to drop and release things I'd rather keep private.

But, no matter how stiff I got,
No matter how little I moved..

it dropped anyway.