|Chapter 4| Relationships

I missed him too but, it has been such a long time, I barely remembered what he was like.

"I missed you too" I said with a smile.

"Really? I'd thought you had forgotten all about me." He replies. He gave me a smile, but I could see it was actually a sad smile.

"I thought you had forgotten about me" I replied.

"No way. You were so cool and fun and well..amazing. I'd be weird if I had forgotten you." He replies instantly.

"Hm..well then that makes Marcel weird. It's as If he did forget about me." I reply.

"Well..that is true. But yet again, we always shut him out whenever we both did something fun.." He says.

We did? I never thought about that. Could that be why he dislikes me?

"I think he doesn't like me. He's very rude to me." I said.

"He's rude to everyone. He's Marcel." He replies. He then took a quick glance at the master clock on the wall.

"Well look at the time. I've got to go. Lovely chat Kat. See you in the morning." He says with a smile.

I suppose he had something important to do.

Wait. Kat? Wouldn't he call me that when we were little?

For some reason, I didn't want him to leave. Maybe I wanted to continue talking. But by the time I had asked if he could stay a bit longer, he was already gone.

A few minutes after Elijah left the room.

I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Then pulled out my hair comb from my luggage, and combed my hair.

I then went to back my luggage and pulled out my Pajamas. I pulled out a beautiful pair of silk shorts and shirt, lined with silver. I then quickly changed out of my corset and dress, and changed into my pajamas.

Ahh what a relief, that dress was a bother.

I was about to un-make my bed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in"

Elijah opened the door and said, "Sorry, I just- I wanted to- well, can we talk a bit longer?"

"Yes! I do. Please come- I mean, sure. We can talk. You can come in" I accidentally sounded too excited, I quickly corrected myself. But I couldn't hide a smile.

He walked in. He had also changed into I'll be guessing..his pajamas?

"Sorry..I just.. I had an urge to come back and talk to you.." He said shyly. I noticed that he stutters a lot.

His ears got really red when I looked at his eyes and accidentally stared at them for too long.

"So...what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I don't really know.." He admitted.

"Oh"

I patted the empty space on my bed, signaling him that he could sit. He made his way to my bed, and sat.

"Do you like France?" He randomly asks.

"I do.. I just love Italy more." I said with a smile. Forgetting I was literally talking to French royalty.

"Im sorry- I forgot..don't take that in an offensive way..." I said awkwardly.

"None taken." He says.

He tried to hide a chuckle but I heard it.

I smiled, but then immediately felt my face burn.

Was I blushing?

30 minutes of talking about random topics later...

Yawn

"Are you tired? Oh- of course you are, you had a long ride to get to the castle and here I am, I practically forced you to talk to me when you were clearly getting ready to slee-" I interrupted him.

"No no no! You didn't force me to talk to you!" I said. Taking his hand.

I began again "I am tired but, staying up a bit longer to talk to you was lovely." I said with a smile.

"Really? Okay then..I thought I- I was- wait talking to me was lovely?" He asks.
Again, his ears turned as red as a tomato.

My cheeks burned again.

"Oh- I- I didn't mean it like that...I mean I did, but not in that way..I- sigh..it was lovely." I said. Now I was the one stuttering.

I had forgotten that I was holding Elijah's hand. I quickly let go. Hoping he didn't think I was revolted by his touch.

What happened next took me by surprise..