|Chapter 2| Katerina's Arrival

Note: sometimes a chapter will be one of the princes' point of view!
Happy reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a bad feeling about waking up. I was right. Mother HAD to tell me we were expecting guests in the morning. Couldn't she have told me yesterday? Days prior? NO. she chose the morning of.

I asked who the guest was but she ignored. As usual. I was informed of our guest by a servant.

"Master Elijah, which room shall I prepare for Lady Katerina?" She asked.

I froze.

Katerina? She's coming? Today?

My heart pounded. Im not sure why.

"Master Elijah? Are you alright?" Her words snapped me out of my thoughts.

I cleared my throat. "Oh yes Lucy. I'm fine thank you. Katerina can have the room to the left of mine." I replied.

"Yes master. Oh and you've got a letter waiting for you, along with your breakfast." She said before leaving, sweeping the floor as she walked.

A letter? From whom? Katerina? No..it's been too long. She probably doesn't even remember me.

I walked to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water and made my way to the table. I sat down, and grabbed the letter, biting a piece of my toast off as I went.

The note read: "Dear Elijah, I've been sadly told to inform you that your plans with the Queen of Savensburg have been canceled, due to your request for Katerina. She'll be in France though. You'd probably run into her. Queen Asterily did ask if you'd like to reschedule. Send back a letter replying if yes, and don't send back a letter if no. Sincerely Klaus.

I was oddly relieved to hear this. Queen Asterily is pushy. Oh dear, she's probably even worse than my own mother.

I hadn't realized I'd finished my breakfast. I got up, took my plate, and placed it in the sink.

I went upstairs to my room and changed. Once I left the room I heard a carriage pull up. It was Katerina.

I ran downstairs. And stopped mid-way to catch my breath, I didn't want to admit it but I was happy that she was here.

I opened the door, and saw her. I immediately noted Her beautiful black hair, and beautiful eyes. Her smile that could melt dozens of hearts-

The door shutting pulled me out of my thoughts.

I quickly caught her looking deeply into my eyes.

"Lady Katerina of Savensburg I suppose?" I asked, of course I knew the answer, I just wanted to hear her voice again though.

"And I suppose you are..Prince Elijah? No- Prince Marcel..?" She replies.

Her voice sounded like an ang- why am I thinking like this? Stop.

"You supposed right the first time" I replied. I couldn't hold a smile back.

I think she took that the wrong way because she had a hurt expression on her face, so I tried to change subject. "Oh please, come inside. It's quite chilly out here is it not?"

It was the first thing that came to mind..but she gave me a smile meaning she was cold?

I sighed, thank the Lord she didn't point out that I tried to change the subject because I thought she took that the wrong way, I must've thought wrong.

As I led her in, I immediately noted her being fascinated by the stairs. They were plain stairs though, so I was confused. I chuckled at the amazed look on her face. Had she never seen a flight of stairs?

"What? I've got something on my face?" She said. Clearly sarcasticaly. She patted her mouth with her sleeve.

"No, you just looked as if you've never seen a flight of stairs before." I said.

Her cheeks went slightly red.

"Care for anything to drink? Tea?" I asked.

"Hm No thank you." She replies, I kind of wanted her to say yes so that I could be a gentleman and get her tea.

Wait why am i-

We both got startled when we heard a scream.

"WONDERFUL! THE BEAUTY HAS ARRIVED SAFELY!" My mother shouts.

"Ah..here she goes again.." A voice says behind her.

I immediately knew that voice. It was Marcel.

I got so mad at the sight of his face. I wanted to bring Katerina with me to the blossom trees outside to calm down and admire her beauty-

"Katerina! Please come see Dear!" Mother shouted. Again.

"And who's this Mother? Another maid? Haven't we've got enough?" Marcel says with a disgusted look on his face. Had he not been behind mother, I would've punched him in a heartbeat.

"My name is Katerina. Lady of Savensburg. And I am NOT your maid. So if you'd kindly shut that pretty but nasty mouth of your-" Katerina shouts. With regret, she gasped and placed her hands on her mouth.

D*mn. Didn't expect that. We all grew silent. Even the servants cleaning nearby, who were once talking about their families, also went quiet.

Mother must have felt the tension because she said something that made me happy she was my mother, "Ouch, that must've hurt your ego Marce....She's got SPUNK I LIKE IT!"

Katerina let go of the air she was holding back, she was starting to look like a squirrel with its mouth full of nuts.

I then whispered to her, "He deserved that. My respect for you has higtened immensely. Mother had been waiting for someone to tell him that aside from herself. He never takes it seriously when things like that come from her." It was the truth.

I didn't expect her to blush. She smiled and looked back at Silvia, who was putting Marcel in his place, of course, He wasn't listening.

Katerina made her way to the stairs.
She was about to walk up to Mother when Marcel Stepped in front of her and scoffed. What an asshole. He's insane talking to her like that.

Why did I get so protective just now?

He looks her up and down before storming off.

"Don't mind him. He's always like that. Even to me!" Mother pouts.

I was about to ask her if she'd like a biscuit, when she froze as if she'd seen a ghost.

She got really stiff, and when she turned around I realized why. Her corset was untied.

It was sliding off and I could read her face. She was scared.

I ran up to her to hold it up and tie it, But I was too late..

it dropped..