Chapter 14- Shards

Quick Notice, this chapter has some triggering topics such as sexual harassment (t doesn't go into anything it's just hinted at) and self harm.

If you feel like you are being harassed or are doing/thinking about doing self harm please talk to someone you trust

Again triggering subjects in this chapter, I have put markers for where they are so you can skip over them points. 

Enjoy the Chapter

Midoriya's POV

As I walk into the grungy changing room, the other two fighters smiled at me. Kaoruko Awata is sitting on the bench with a nose bleed despite not even having started fighting while Mirio Togata is looking through his locker. Today is a big fighting day as the last fight of the season draws closer, which unfortunately I have to fight in. But it is going to give me the last push to complete my father's debt and give me some extra money for my tuition. 

"Heyyy Deku, how are you?" (Okay side note, I can't remember how Mirio talks and I can't be assed to re-watch it atm, I'm sorry, if you want to correct me please to I'm just really lazy) Mirio laughs, taking out his bandages for his hands. I smile at him with a little wave as I nod at Awata in confusion, "Ohhhh, some dude started harassing this girl, SO bubble over here decided to headbutt him." 

"Mhmm, Ang I knocheg hig ouw." she proudly exclaims incoherently as blood drips from her nose. I chuckle as I walk to my locker, placing my bag in it and opening to reveal my horrible and crusty vest that I had to wear. Honestly, I really don't want to fight today, more than any other day. My ribs were still aching and I was enjoying sketching with Todoroki, well really I enjoyed just hanging out with him. I feel a slight blush creep on my face as Mirio appears behind me suddenly. 

"What you blushing about Deku?" he asks mockingly, I turn around hitting him with the vest in my hand, 

"Nothing Lemillion, mind your own business." I say sternly and yet jokingly, before removing my shirt, to reveal the bandages that were still wrapped around my torso. However, this gains odd looks from m co-workers, 

"Whad the fud haggened?" asks Bubble, turning right 180 degrees to face me, 

"Broken ribs," I shrug before Mirio comes at me trying to inspect it, "I'm fine Lemillion, I'll be able to fight, I'm losing this match anyway."

"Can't you just drop out?" the blue haired girl asked, 

"Nope, if I finish the season with all my matches I have enough to pay for my fathers debt and the rest of my tuition fees and my dorming fees. I can't just 'drop out' of any of these matches without still being in debt and I want to finish before the season. Dropping out isn't an option." I ramble seriously before waling to the showers in a mood. 

Todoroki's POV

I had to pay to get into the building that Midoriya went through, although he seemed to go through the back door. It was his 'work' after all. I had no idea where to go so just followed the crowd where I was brought into a very grungy room after paying 100 yen entrance fee. 

Now, I'm standing in a box-like room with blood red walls that seem t have every known substance known to man on them and the stone floors seem to be the same. Towards the middle of the room was slightly levelled slightly higher than the rest of the  room with old and stiff rope surrounding it, blocking it off from the rest of the room. Then there was a catwalk connecting the 'stage' to a backdoor. There were people talking and 'placing bets' on people and people drinking. It's noisy. Like really noisy. I step away into a clear space and try and find the earbuds in my hoodie pocket to put some relaxing sounds. I put on the sounds of waves to drown everyone out and try and find the cleanest part of the wall to lean on. I can't believe I'm here.