Chapter 21 : Day 13 : One Phone Call

OKAY SO TWO THINGS RN AND THE REST WILL BE IN THE AUTHORS NOTES: 

This chapter is pretty long for reasons explained in the A/N

It's very dialogue based sorry. 

Midoriya's POV 

"We need to talk..." 

Four words that made my heart jump and sink at the same time. To be fair, just seeing his angelic face made my heart jump, but remembering what I said to him the other day created a massive void in my stomach. "Uu-uh s-su-sure... " I stutter pathetically, "I'll ju-just get changed..." I shut the door, before he can even utter a word. 

Embarrassed as fuck, I slide down the door, sighing and burying my face in my hands. What exactly does he want to talk about? About my work? About what I said? Does he want to stop being friends? I slap myself to stop me from overthinking and get up to slug towards my wardrobe. It wasn't hard to choose what to wear, I just have to find a clean one. 

I manage to find some navy blue jogging bottoms and white t-shirt but no clean hoodies, so I rummage through my wardrobe for something moderately baggy. After a minute or so of senseless rummaging, Todoroki knocks, probably waiting for me to return, 

"ONE MINUTE!" I reply, giving up with looking for something nice and just grabbing a yellow rain coat. (okay but imagine how cute Midoriya would look in a yellow raincoat) I quickly stroke my hair with my hands and grab my phone and wallet. 

Once I open my door, I see Todoroki raise his head, a smile appearing on his face. It's an unreadable smile and I can't tell whether its a happy one or a pitiful one but I smile ingenunely in return. If he notices how ingenuine it is, he doesn't say anything and just nods towards the elevator, 

"Shall we go on a walk?" he asks softly and I nod, pressing the button for the lift doors. 

The ride in the lift is awkward to say the least. Neither of us knowing what to say. Perhaps if he never found out about my job, we would have been laughing and joking about in the lift, but instead we stand at opposite ends in total silence, catching glances at each other from time to time. 

Once we finally reach the ground floor, the doors open incredibly slowly and we walk out into a surprisingly empty lobby. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that nobody would disturb me, it's just surprising that no one is here on a Friday during midday, but I just assume that everyone is trying to get their last few days of lie ins. 

In silence, we quickly walk through the lobby. It's weird how desolate it is, the only times I've seen it this empty is at 3 am when I waddle through, bloody and beaten but it's normally dark not in the middle of the day where the scorching sun is seeping through the windows. The silence between me and the bi-haired male beside me makes the odd atmosphere even more unsettling, and I speed up unconsciously to walk towards the door. I hear Todoroki's footsteps speed up with me and despite the distance I gained by walking, he appears beside me as I stop at the door. 

"What's wrong?" he asks, with a worried tone. In response i shake my head and  sigh, 

"I don't know..." I whisper and look at him. It's rare to see Todoroki express a lot of emotion and this was one of those rare times. His grey and icy blue eyes are filled with concern and he holds an unusually deep frown. 

"Look... I understand if you don't want to talk, but I have to say something to you and I'd prefer to be able to talk to you outside, in the fresh air and not in some claustrophobic room." the sincerity of his voice seeps right through my skin and breaks my heart.