Chapter 24 : Day 15 : Water colouring

Todoroki's POV

I can't help but feel perfectly relaxed and happy as my eyes flicker open from the sun ray's that escaped my drawn curtains through a singular gap in between them; this being the first time in just under a week where I had had a full nights sleep without waking up from a riveting nightmare or scorching reminders of my childhood. In fact, all I had dreamt that night was of Midoriya and I at that spot in the park, overlooking the city, just laughing and hanging out. A bit of snogging. But heyyy that's totally normal right? Dreaming of the dude you're head over heels for snogging in the moonlight? Totally not creepy. 

I roll to the side of my bed, taking my phone of the bedside table and removing the cable to look at the hundred or so messages I got while I slumbered from that annoying group chat that I swear I muted. Turns out, every single one of the friendship group had @ me at least once during the still night, not getting the hint that some people actually like their rest. The messages consisted of mostly the same things: 

"Hey you alright? Aint seen or spoken to you in ages?" 

"Yoooo there's a party next week, wanna go?"

"Spoken to Deku yet?"

And so on so forth. To be honest, I wasn't even that fussed about replying, bitterness still boiling in me about how revoltingly they treated that innocent greenette for 2 whole years - I just wanted the notifications to go away. I quickly send an ominous 'yh' before turning my phone back on DnD. (Does not stand for the horrible writers of Game Of Thrones and their actual inability to write original content - not salty bout Season 8 BTW not salty :,c) 

After around half an hour of procrastinating and doing nothing, I go take a cold shower and put on the same turtle neck and jeans people usually see me in, before grabbing the rest of the food in my kitchen and putting them in another bag - mentally noting that I need to go shopping at some point today or tomorrow - despite me and Midoriya having a shit ton of work and leaving the house, to go and get Midoriya, who's probably still asleep. I mean who could blame him, his body is having to heal more wounds than any normal human being should have, and he's under so much stress. 

Without even realising it, the whole 3 minute journey to the dorm, was just me thinking about the emerald eyed male, eventually halting my thoughts to knock on his door. Surprisingly, he answers almost immediately, backpack at the ready with a huge, blinding smile on his face;

"Shall we go?" he asks, seemingly already prepared to leave,

"Welll shit Midoriya, you're up early." I tease, stepping back to let him out of his dorm so he can lock it,

"No need for the sarcasm, its like 11." he retorts back as he puts his keys away and walks towards the lift. I notice he is once again wearing a track suit, although this one nicer looking than the others and less worn out. The trousers are black, with 2 white lines running up the leg, criss crossing at certain intervals, while his jacket is cyan, having similar white lines running up the sides and the arms. The material is considerably nicer and newer than what he would wear to class and to our meet ups, and I reason that it was at the back of his closet, and the greenette took it out as a step forward in his new 'self-care' scheme. 

And HELL did it do wonders for him. Don't get me wrong, Midoriya had always carried both this cute innocent look to him and a mysterious hot bad boy type of look, but that was always overshadowed by his dark eye bags, baggy grey tracksuits that were riddled with stains and rips, and his overall cold demeanour, making him seem like for lack of a better word, rude scoundrel. But the way that his sweatpants both simultaneously gripped his waist extenuating his ass and hid his legs and the way that his jacket gripped his biceps, highlighting the muscle but also loosened at his forearms to give them room to breathe made him seem, much more... presentable. The way that he carried himself has also changed. The green eyed male would normally slouch, covering his face with a hood, his earphones always in as he silently brooded his way through life, but now he is jumping around excitedly murmuring about an idea he had for his water colouring piece, looking much more sociable, adding that naïve persona back. Yet there's still a look in his beautiful eyes that could have me lost for days. A look of mystery and secrets, installing that bad boy edge into him.