Chapter 8 - Day 2 - Toned Out

Midoriya's POV

I sat under the sakura tree, waiting for Todoroki. He was running late, and i guess it was payback for yesterday. Instead of sitting on the bench, I sat on the ground facing the tree as I finished off my sketch. It was warm for early spring, which meant that I was going to boil with my hoodie and joggers; how I missed fashion. I fiddled with the red shoelaces of my green sneakers, the only thing that even remotely resembled fashion in my outfit, and absentmindedly untied them. Along with warmth came sun, which shone brightly behind the sakura tree - creating the silhouette I just so happened to be drawing - and it illuminated the exterior around it. I heard a group of girls behind me, who were whispering about something or the other, it was easy to ignore them- people are always whispering and disturbing my work so I've learnt how to block them out- until they started screeching in a high pitch. I turned around to see them fawning over 'Muscular', who seemed to be glaring at me rather inconveniently. I flipped him off and told him to bugger off. I didn't need to talk to him about fixtures for boxing, I had already seen them and I wasn't excited about my next opponents; I had 6 matches left and the man behind me just so happened to be my last opponent. Great.

"Sorry I'm late!" Todoroki smiled, his pearly white teeth glistening as he ran towards me. On one shoulder, a bag that seemed somewhat heavy, slowed him down making him resemble an actor in an action movie. Instantaneously, I jumped up to help unload him of the weight, however as I walked towards him, I tripped over my scarlet laces and ended up falling face first in front of the bi coloured boy. Todoroki chuckled, and dropped his bag next to him, which made a rather unusual clunk as a I heard an assortment of objects fall and hit each other, he held out his hand waiting for me to grab it. However in my sheer embarrassment I ended up just faceplanting the floor for a second time.

"You okay?" he asked but instead of answering him like a normal person I just grumbled something or the other at him while sticking my thumbs up. I could hear the girls beside Muscular giggling and I just blatantly tripped for the third time in front of one of the most popular people in college. God Kill Me Now. I looked up again to see Todoroki smiling at me with his hand still out. Jesus Christ what is up with this boy? Not only is he beautiful and popular. He is so fucking nice. Why does he make it so hard to hate him? Reluctantly, I take his hand as he pulls me towards the tree as I grasped the bag he had dropped.

Todoroki's POV

The sun had started to set on UA college, but Midoriya was still hard at work. He was scribbling down notes and murmuring,, occasionally asking fir my input. The orange tint behind him made him seem like a god, like a positive aura had wrapped around him. It was so adorable. We had spent the day researching artists and the origins of our chosen talents and although I wasn't very interested, Midoriya's face seemed to radiate with curiosity and awe and wonder when he researched a new artist.

"Hmmm... Todoroki? Do you want to have a small section of your presentation just on the origins and the involved artists? I don't know, it might give us some brownie points or something...I don't know,, of course we don't have to..." See? ADORABLE. He got so flustered whenever he thought that anyone would hate his idea or if they felt uncomfortable doing it. The pink tint on his cheeks, the eyes full of hope (although they still had that dull emerald tint like always) and the worried expression he wore. It just made him all the more cute.

I smiled slightly, I couldn't help it. He was such a mystery. It's like in Pass The Parcel, where with every layer unwrapped, you get even more curious until you get a cool gift at the end.

Well if he is the parcel, I intend to be the participant. Who exactly is Izuku Midoriya? What his story? And finally... Why has he changed so much?

A/N WELLLLLL I'm back so much earlier than I thought I would be. For many reasons but firstly because TYSM FOR 360 READSSSS!!!! You have no idea how much this means to me. I appreciate every single reader and I promise to do the appreciation chapter soon. To see how many reads I got inspired me to write again so I am so thankful.

Secondly one of my friends located this story and helped me write a vit I've been stuck on for ages. Honestly it's a bit embarrassing but i hope they like this story as much as everyone else

Finally, wellllll my GCSE's just got cancelled soooooo, basically I have a lot of free time where revision would be so I'm planning to write then if I am motivated (God I hope I am Future me

Also I apologize for any mistakes, I didn't sleep last night cause i was binging and anime called Maid Sama soooo.... I'm not working at full capacity. But once again, thank you so much, I appreciate you all so much. I hope all of you are doing well :>

Word Count: 928

extra note: this chapter is short cause i had limited time and my friends kept distracting me. Also i was kinda stuck i want to get into the fun stuff but i have now or two more chapters like this that'll help develop characters