Chapter 31- The feeling of Home

Midoriya's POV

Its been two years. Two long years since I've felt like this. I never realised how vital it is to be surrounded by friends and people I love  until I had no one. The sense  of comfort I had taken for granted was abandoned and in return I was gifted an empty hole in my heart that craved socialisation and love. Neither of which I got. But now, two years later, I'm here, sitting with the two friends that care for me most and love me unconditionally, eating katsudon and meat buns while watching some shitty movie that just happened to be on the movie channel. If I hadn't exhausted all the excess water in my body, I would be crying right now.

I glance to my left, smiling at the absurd situation next to me; Tsui had insisted on sitting in between me and Sho (to my dismay) and had taken up half of his cushion instead of equally dividing ours - probably because she doesn't want to squish me and I sense a bit of bitterness between the two - so Sho is squished against the arm of the sofa, eating his Katsudon like one would eat soba as Tsui (whose already finished all of her food) stares at the the tv intensely with her tongue sticking out likes she's trying to figure it out.   

While the two beside me are both intrigued by the movie in front of us, I long clocked out, having seen this a few times and had taken to staring at my friends (mostly admiring Sho and his stupidly attractive features)wishing for this day to never end. I glance to the end able next to me and see a pack of sketching pencils and a sketchbook, giving me not only a way to cure the slight boredom I'm feeling but also capture this moment forever.I lean against the arm of the sofa and bring my knees up, reaching backwards to grab the supplies. 

From the first page I know exactly what sketchbook it is. Its the sketchbook that Bakugo got me when we first started dating during our last year of high school and I had an obsession with drawing and watercolouring portraits or stills of my friends and boyfriend. Oh the irony.  I quickly skim through the pages until I get to the first clean double page. Surprisingly, Tsui and Sho haven't taken their eyes off of the tv despite my shuffling but I guess that make it easier. 

The movie ends as I finish the basic outline, meaning the duo reemerse themselves in reality and become aware of their surroundings so as I stare at Sho (for purely academic reasons) he gives me a questioning look, signalling at my sketchbook. "Shhhh I'm capturing the moment!" I half whisper, looking back at my sketchbook to start adding the minimal details. 

In response Sho just n6ods, grabbing his phone from the pocket of his jogging bottoms (which make him so fucking attractive, even if I'm so fucking done with them). The next thing I know, Tsui is looking over, staring at my work, "oOooOoo lemme see!!!" she says uncharacteristically, sort of sounding like Ochaka. I guess I should go talk to her tomorrow and apologise for ignoring her for 2 years. Turning back my attention to Tsui, I turn my sketchbook around, showing her the start of my sketch, blushing profusely, 

"I know its not that great, but hopefully I can improve it eventually." I say optimistically, looking at the floor. God I miss my self esteem, two years ago I would have probably been proud of all my recent work, but for the past few months I've been really self concious of my work and I swear I'm slowly getting worse. 

Suddenly, I feel I light punch on my knee and look up to see Tsui rolling her eyes at me, "Sy one more bad thing about my face, I dare you!" she says with a haunting tone that instantly makes me stop talking and look down at the sketchbook laying on my lap. "Good, now do you have a pack of uno that we can all play with?" she asks inquitevely, making me cock an eyebrow.  I am up to my neck in debt, totally broke and working in an illegal underground 'boxing' ring where I get no actual profit, and she thinks I have the money to spare to buy a useless card game which requires more than one person to play and for the past 24 months I have had no friends  to play it with.