So They Meet Again

Keith yanked his bayard from its hold and clutched his BOM knife to his side. He quickly stood up from his seat and made his way to the back of his lion, bracing himself.  

He didn't know much about the layout of the general's battle cruisers, but he figured he could fight his way out against the three of them. He knew that Ezor, the pink one, had a tendency to be reckless, and Zethrid, the big one, relied strictly on brute strength. He figured he could beat them, if not escape them, easily. Acxa was the on he was slightly worried about. She was tactful, and Keith didn't like getiing into battles with fellow sword users. Additionally, there was a fourth cruiser. A fourth general. Someone he didn't know. 

"Red, open the door." 

The door of the lion shot open, and Keith stood on guard. 

The three generals he was familiar with stood in front of him. They seemed smug and almost... at ease. Like Keith was no threat at all. 

He knew that one against three were odds against him, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't a little insulted by the way they were looking down on him. 

He was a paladin of Voltron for heaven's sake, a literal defender of the galaxy. 

"Why am I here?"

Keith spoke first, never dropping his guard. 

Ezor smirked, "We figured you might want to say hi." 

The three generals parted and standing behind them was...

No...

Keith couldn't believe it. He thought he was hallucinating. He must have been, because otherwise there was no possible way, no way on earth that he was really there. 

"Lance..?" 

Keith's voice was broken and it was evident he was on the verge of tears. He instantly lowered his weapon, dropping it to the ground. 

He seemed to suddenly forget that he was on an enemy ship, that the three generals were still standing right there. The only thing Keith could even begin to think about was Lance. He needed to get to him, to hold him. He needed to feel that he was actually there, and that this wasn't some sick trick his mind was playing on him. 

He stumbled out of his lion and walked slowly towards the other male. 

As he got closer, he noticed that Lance didn't really look like...Lance. 

His hair was darker, reaching an almost purple color at the ends. His eyes were dulled too, not anything like the last time he had seen him. He was wearing a general's uniform. 

Wait, why was he wearing a general's uniform? 

"Lance, what happened? How are you...why are you-"

Lance crossed his arms and tilted his head, quirking a brow. 

"Who the hell is Lance." 

Before Keith could respond he was hit hardly over the head, and everything faded to black as he collapsed on the ground. 

"Man you guys were right, these paladins really are crazy", Leo said, staring at the unconscious male on the floor. 

Zethrid lifted the red paladin over her shoulder effortlessly. 

"Exactly, that's why they're dangerous. I'll put this one in the cellar until he's conscious again. then we'll see if we can get any answers from him. It might be helpful to use Leo, since he clearly thinks you're someone else. It looks like he thinks you're someone he's fond of too", Zethrid said, before heading out of the airlock. 

Leo nodded, but he couldn't help but ponder the look in other's eyes. 

He didn't have his memories, so there was a lot he was unfamiliar with. A lot of feelings that didn't make sense and a lot of blank periods of time that felt empty. 

But something about the way that so called paladin looked at him...

It was look he didn't see in his fellow generals.

It was sort of sad but at the same time it almost felt...sincere. As if it actually meant something. 

Leo shook his head, putting these useless thoughts behind him. It doesn't matter how enchanting the enemy's eyes were, they were still an enemy. 

He would remember his duty as a general, and do whatever task were needed of him, especially if they involved killing a paladin. 

YES YES I KNOW ITS SHORT. FORGIVE ME, I AM BUT A MERE COLLEGE STUDENT. Wow that's such a weird thing to think about. I started this book when I was in eighth grade...

ANYWAYZ I have recently been watching voltron again and decided to give u guys a little something something. I will definitely finish this book (probably)! Thanks for sticking around pookies!