seven

chapter seven
when the person that tries to kidnap your ex is in your kitchen you do not offer them a beverage

-THERE IS NOTHING MORE awkward than carrying the unconscious bodies of people into your house with someone you barely know, this was a fact that samael picked up as he and lou walked. samael carried nico on one hip and will on the other, not an easy feet as both of them were dead weight. lou was polite enough to carry lucy.

"put that them on the couches," the woman that led them instructed.

"yes, mother," samael murmured and laid, not all too gently, nico and will onto the long couch in the living room.

lou looked at the two with raised eyebrows, seeming to forget about the girl in her arms. "she's your mother?" she asked eyeing the two doubtfully. samael couldn't truly blame her, he didn't look very much like lilith (lou looked more like lilith than he did with the similar paleness of their skin and darkness of their hair).

"yes," lilith answered simply. "do put her down, we have little time."

lou looked startled, confirming samael's suspicions that she had forgotten about lucy in her arms. quickly, she placed her on a single couch and looked to lilith.

"michelle," lilith called, her voice remaining the same steady volume as there was no need to shout with the small size of the house.

the curly haired woman stood in the doorframe of her and lilith's bedroom a moment later. her eyes scanned over the room as if assessing the situation before landing on lou and asking, "they've come?"

lilith nodded and michelle sighed. she stepped out of the doorframe.

"we have space to sit in the kitchen," she told them, moving toward the room in question.

samael and lilith followed and after a moment's hesitation so did lou. michelle gestured to the island that had four barstools, once they were in the kitchen.

taking a seat samael watched as his mothers shared a glance and sat across from him and lou.

"would you like something to drink before we start or are you all right?" michelle asked.

samael gave her an incredulous look, while he appreciated the sentiment now was most certainly not the time. michelle caught this look and immediately understood and cleared her throat.

"sammy," she started, "we have to tell you something, it's about your dad."

lou's eyes widened, seeming to understand where this was going. if he were being honest samael had a vague idea of where this was going too.

"he's the reason you can do the," michelle paused, "things you can do. this girl," she looked to lou, "i'm sorry what is your name?"

"lou ellen," lou muttered, listening to the conversation with interest.

"right yes, lou is here to take you where it's safe for children like you."

"children who have absent fathers that give them supernatural abilities?" samael uttered sarcastically.

lou let out a huffy laugh, samael decided he liked nico's laugh better (no bad samael, nico tried to kidnap one of your friends - he isn't someone to be liked!).

"i guess that's one way to put it, though change fathers to parents because in my case it's my mother," lou told them. she looked to lilith and flushed a little. "i don't see her much and she tends to change her appearance when she's trying to be ominous so i'm sorry i mistook you for her."

the corners of lilith's lips turned up so slightly. "it is of no concern to me, child. i am flattered to be mistaken for a goddess."

samael's eyes widened. "goddess?" he sputtered out. "does that mean that my father is a-a god?"

"you sound surprised. why is this surprising to you samael? you were very acceptant that he was something other than human until this moment," lilith commented.

"yeah!" samael exclaimed. "i thought he was a vampire or a demon or-or something! not a full blown god!"

michelle and lilith shared a look that samael didn't dare question, he knew he wouldn't like what he heard. he took a shaky breath in attempt to calm himself. "okay so he's a god, what does that make me? which god is he? and what do those guys have to do with it?" he questioned gesturing vaguely toward the living room.

lou spoke up. "it makes you a demigod, or a half blood. half human, half god," his mothers shared another look. "nico and will are also demigods, they're here to help me take that girl to camp. we suspected that she was a demigod but," she eyed him critically, "there's a good chance she isn't and the one we were tracking is actually you. as to which god your dad is, that's for your mother to tell you," she looked to michelle.

"i'm his biological mother," lilith intoned.

lou flushed. "oh, i'm sorry. they just look more alike than the two of you do so i just assumed-"

"it is fine," lilith cut her off. "most people assume michelle is his biological mother, it is not the first time and it most certainly is not the last." she looked to her son. "as to who your father is he has told me not to disclose it to you as he wishes to claim you himself. a foolish practice but greeks tend to be odd with these things."

lou seemed to relax slightly causing the entire family to look to her. "we recently discovered that there are gods of the roman pantheon as well and we aren't exactly sure what do in the situation that we run into an unclaimed demigod that is of a different pantheon. we plan to reach out to the roman camp in a few weeks but we're not sure how it will go."

"so greek and roman gods exist? does that mean that others exist as well? like norse? egyptian? or even christian?" samael questioned. if his mothers didn't stop it with the glances he may just snap and ask them what they weren't telling him.

lou hesitated. "we're not exactly sure, but this point i wouldn't be surprised if they did."

samael nodded slowly. "i assume i have to pack for the camp now?"

there was a crashing noise in from his mothers' bedroom.

michelle let out a sigh, "it looks like we don't have time for that."

1073 words

samael knows... we're finally getting to the good stuff.

apologies for the wait, i forgot that time was a thing and i didn't realize that a month has passed since i last updated, oops.

what do you guys think is up with the glances shared by michelle and lilith?

and that crashing noise that was totally not a total cliche way to end a chapter, what do you guys think that was?

anyway, i hope you guys liked it!

Jupiter (he/they)