six

chapter six
do all friends try to kidnap girls from graveyards? no? just mine?

–SAMAEL WISHED HE could blame his sleep adled brain on what he was seeing. but no amount of sleepless hours could let him hallucinate his crush and his best friend attempting to kidnap lucy lorman.

it was a little after school and michelle had all but demanded that he get away from the computer screen ("staring at the views won't make them any higher!") and go and help his mother out in the graveyard.

he hadn't been able to locate lilith which wasn't all too surprising considering she was a woman that wouldn't be found lest she wished to be so instead he wandered the graveyard aimlessly. he passed by the ever busy grave of one alexander hamilton and gave a silent greeting to isaac oliver as he walked past his grave (for once not stepping on it).

eventually he wandered to where he knew lucy lorman would be. she was there every friday after school visiting her mother's grave. he often kept her company offering his silent support.

one would think that with them being exes - they dated in second grade - it would be somewhat awkward but it wasn't. lucy for all her oddness was nice and didn't ask questions that samael didn't want to answer. she was currently going through her emo phase (my, my it seemed that he had a type) and often quoted unnecessary my chemical romance songs but samael didn't have any problem with it as lucy still spoke to him when he went through his 70's phase (it was a dark time indeed, one that will frequently teased him about).

he had prepared himself mentally to deal with a sobbing girl as it was nearing lucy's mother's death date and she was more susceptible to emotions despite how heartless she wished to present herself to be. what he hadn't prepared for was the sight before him at that very moment.

lucy was crying, thrashing in will's grip desperately as the golden haired boy spoke to nico.

he watched open mouthed as the two seemed to come to some sort of agreement and started dragging the sobbing girl off.

samael made the split second to decision to run and leep onto nico's back. the di angelo boy startled, samael used this to his advantage and wrapped his legs around nico's neck. using his momentum he flipped nico onto the floor. gods, he prayed that someone got that on camera because in that moment he felt like he could replace scarlett johansson as black widow.

he jumped to his feet and looked around wildly in attempt to locate a weapon. fate was on his side it seemed - or was it just major plot convenience? - because a little to his left a spade rested against a headstone. he made a grab at it and brought it down on nico's head because surprisingly he was still down (samael guessed that it had something to do with the suddenness of the attack). it knocked him out.

not wasting another moment he brought the spade to will's head. will who had surprisingly not noticed nico going down (whether it was the fates or plot convenience, he still couldn't decide) let out a yelp and let go of lucy in favour of gripping his head. he turned around and let out a surprised  "samael!" before samael hit him in the head again and he went down.

samael looked down at the two. you think you know a guy, he thought.

–LOU ELLEN DID not know who the guy was. things had been going according to plan. the guys had gotten the suspected demigod and had been leading her to lou's direction so she could give her a calming draught.

she noticed the boy that approached nico and will's direction but wasn't all too worried. mortals wouldn't be able to see the altercation due to the heavy sheet of mist that lou had put over the two.

except he did.

lou ellen could only watch as he used just his body and a spade of all things to take down a child of the big three and the head counciler of the apollo cabin.

and after a few moments of shock lou ellen decided to approach. her acting skills weren't all too horrible and she could pretend to stumble over the scene in the same shock that the boy was displaying.

she forgot that in the camp production she had been cast as a shrub with no lines and that her acting skills that "weren't too horrible" had resulted in the satyr in charge of the production to hysterically laugh during an extract from a tragedy.

"oh my gods!" she exclaimed, unknowingly making her voise sound much too overexaggerated, as she approached the scene. "what happened?"

she saw the boy's eyes narrow and gently pull the sobbing suspected demigod behind him. "who are you?" he asked.

lou ellen elected to ignore the question and stooped down to check over di angelo's unconscious form. this seemed to vex and further the boy's suspicion as he pushed the spade head to her as if he were ready to hit her with it. "i said," he all but growled, "who are you?"

lou ellen stared down the spade that was pointed at her to the boy that was holding it with what she hoped was a bored expression. up close he was admittedly more intimidating than she initially gave him credit for.

she stood, holding her hands in a mocking 'i surrender' position. "i'm lou ellen, i came to tell you sweet dreams." her hands flew to her pockets and she pulled out a vial filled with a green liquid, without a second thought she threw it to the ground and allowed it to shatter.

the effect was instantaneous, a green mist that reminded her of the oracle of delphi's most filled the air. a gasp from the potential demigod was heard before the poor girl slumped to the floor, asleep. the boy however only glared at her harder seeming to be unaffected by the potion's effects.

lou ellen gulped, praying to her mother that she would survive the wrath of this... whatever he was.

"what was that?" he questioned sharply, moving to stand in a better position of defense over the sleeping girl's figure.

"she just sleeping," lou ellen rushed out in attempt to assure him. "it'll wear off in an hour or two."

"so will this," he responded and brought the spade down.

lou ellen hunched into herself in preparation for the blow only it never came, instead a a soft voice said a firm "samael" and the spade hovered just above her head.

the boy looked to the woman who had just spoken. she was a regal woman with sharp features and pale skin that contrasted her dark hair. she wore red lipstick that reminded lou of blood. her clothes were high end, black stilettos over black see through stocks and a dark form fitting dress. she had an air to her that lou had only felt twice in her life. "mother?" she gasped, barely noticing the boy pull his spade to his side again.

her almost too light eyes fell onto lou. "as flattering as it is, i am not your mother, child." her eyes quickly swept over the scene of the three slumped over teens. "i find that there is much to discuss, come."

1249 words

so a little bit of a darker samael, i loved it though it was difficult to put what i imagined in my head into words with this chapter. poor lucy, she just a side character i decided to spice up with some kidnapping trauma and i feel bad, though it did give us dark!samael so not too bad.

also, i don't know if you guys know who the woman is because i didn't exactly clarify. oh well, if you don't know who she is you'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out!
apologies for taking so long to update (actuslly this is probably a faster update than usual tbh), i don't know to wordify my thoughts.
finally, if anyone was wondering what happened with the footage from the previous evening, it has been posted and samael had been stalking the viewer count. which is why michelle said "staring at the views won't make them any higher!"

Jupiter (he/they)