eight

chapter eight
mom, come back! the car's flying!

"GO FASTER!" will screeched as he stared out of the smashed window.

lou took a sharp left and shouted back, "i'm going as fast as i can!"

"it's not fast enough," will complained.

"all of you shut up!" samael exclaimed. "i have a plan!"

"oh this'll be good," nico muttered.

and then they flew off the side of the mountain.

record scratch. freeze frame. now i bet you're wondering how our demigods got into this situation. it started when michelle holmes said, "it looks like we don't have time for that."

and then half the house exploded.

there was a loud shout from the living room that had samael, who had frozen in shock for a moment, run toward the sound.

in the midst of the dusty living room nico and will seemed to have scrambled to their feet and were looking around frantically. samael paid them no mind and rushed to pick up a still passed out lucy.

there was a loud roar from the destruction that used to be samael's mothers' room. samael didn't waste another second trying to get a look at the beast - for only a beast could make such a noise - and scrambled to get out of the house.

he leaped over the crumbled wall that used to support the surprisingly still intact door - a dramatic thing to do but one did not waste time to open doors when being attacked by some sort of beast. lucy did not stir in his arms despite the jostle that the leap caused.

"samael!" he heard michelle call.

samael looked behind him as he ran a little further from the house. michelle was also running from the destruction, lou hot in her heels.

samael slowed, allowing the two females to catch up. once together they ran faster once more as another resounding roar sounded.

"where's mother?" samael found himself asking in panic.

michelle let out a slightly hysterical laugh. "she can most definitely handle herself."

"and nico?" samael pressed. "will?"

"your ghost hunter is fine," michelle insisted. "and will should be joining us in a minute, he's just getting the keys."

"keys?" he sputtered. "we don't have a car!"

"yeah, we do," michelle insisted. "it's right over there." she pointed to an obscure little building that had the words 'lame boy' spray painted onto it.

"i've got the keys!"

samael glanced behind him and saw his blond best friend covered in debris and soot sprinting toward them.

following him was a shape that samael vaguely recognized. he stared it for a second longer before his eyes widened in recognition.

"the monsters from dungeons and dragons are real?" he asked looking at the beast.