Stay

Everyday was the same for Kanao. She would wake up and get straight to work with the patients. It was great for her, testing her agility, practicing her reflexes, and making sure they got stretched to the point where they could feel their limbs almost falling off.

She always had her eyes on one particular boy though. He stood out against Inosuke and Zenitsu. For one he had a demon sister who refused to eat humans or even hurt them, but out of all the reasons she could think of, the one that stood out to Kanao the most was how Tanjiro could have such a warm smile and a content soul for a Demon Slayer.

Tanjiro often would catch simple glances from her, he didn't think anything of it.

One day, the impossible happened. After months of practice Tanjiro was finally able to beat Kanao.

During the reflex practice Tanjiro was quick to remember her tactics and easily reached for a cup, but before he could launch the tea inside at her he realized that it would be impolite to throw tea at a girl, especially Kanao, whom he pictured as a soft delicate girl with crazy skills. He simply layer the cup onto the girls head, Tanjiro was shocked but before he could let out a reaction he asked "Does this count?" to no one in particular, either way 3 short girls simply assured him that it did. Kanao, stared at the cheerful boy hopping around the room followed by Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi. Kanao was a little flustered but not because of the close distance they were at, but most likely because of how stunned she was.

Of course they had to keep moving. Kanao and Tajiro ran around the room, sometimes grunts of struggle came out of Tanjiro but he made an attempt to ignore them. He couldn't seem ignore Zenitsu's cheers from the windows.
"Do you really believe that guy? Thinking he can act all high and mighty only after beating Kanao in one game." Inosuke said briskly cutting off Zenitsu's cheers. "Well, Tanjiro never seems to give up," Zenitsu's moved his head up to get a clear view through the window of Tanjiro chasing Kanao around, "So, if i'm being honest I just think Tanjiro doesn't want to lose!"

The two continued staring through the window. A couple minutes later Zenitsu started losing balance while standing on his tippy-toes "uUWAAHH!!" Zenitsu yelled falling onto his back followed by a jump from Inosuke . Tanjiro, obviously worried about Zenitsu, lost his focus and fell onto Kanao. She felt a cold shiver travel through her spine. She looked up at Tanjiro who wasn't paying attention to her, instead he was looking at the window.

Tanjiro looked back down to see the girl with a faint pink tint painted on her face, "Are you okay, Kanao?" Tanjiro said hiding his embarrassment after being on top of a girl, even though he was clearly blushing. Kanao nodded at him making sure not to make eye contact. "Get off her pervert!" yelled Aoi with a strict voice, "A-ah! I'm sorry!" Tanjiro rapidly stood up and put his hand out to help Kanao up.

-

That was the day Kanao realized how madly in love she was with Tanjiro.

Kanao was sitting peacefully outside gazing at the beautiful view, the only reason she was even trying to pay attention to anything was to get Tanjiro off her mind. This had been her 5th attempt today of Going 1 Hour Without Any Thoughts On Tanjiro, thats what she dubbed her plan.

"Hey Kanao", Kanao heard a voice but not in front of her. She turned around to see Tanjiro standing behind her, also admiring the sky, "What are you up to?" Tanjiro asked with a kind tone. Kanao just stared at him, wondering how he was able to sneak up behind her without her noticing it. Tanjiro looked down at Kanao who looked flushed or rather worried, "Oh! If you want I can leave!- Sorry to interrupt!" Tanjiro turned around and right when he did he felt a tug on his pants.

"Stay."

They both sat next to eachother, no conversations were started. Just admiring their presence and the sky while their shoulders were about an inch away from eachother. Either way, they're fingers interlocked.