As A Child

(a/n this is a childhood friends au, also i'll be writting shorter one shots usually because i'm trying not to push my self, sorry about that.)
-

Kanao's life was pretty tough for the most part, but luckily there was a nice boy with crimson eyes who usually came down from a hill near Kanao's area, he never spoke to Kanao yet she felt a comfort when he walked past her from the distance.

She never tried to gain his attention but one day the boy noticed her crying in a corner. "What's wrong?" the boy asked lifting the girls face. Kanao looked at him and cried even harder, she couldn't find the words to say, or more like she didn't have anything to stay. The boy hugged her and in a softly spoken manner said "It's okay, my name is Tanjiro, What's your name?"
"K-ka-kanao.." she responded with sniffles interrupting her, suddenly a large man cam out of a house near by,
"Hey boy! Leave her alone we're gonna' sell her anyways!" the man ran towards Tanjiro yelling and Kanao flinched, Tanjiro hugged her tighter. The man tried forcefully removing Tanjiro but he didn't budge.
"I'm not leaving." Tanjiro muttered, he got up and held Kanao's hand,
"I'll take her to my mother." Tanjiro said running away with Kanao up the hill, the man was chasing them but gave up, he didn't want Kanao anyway.

They both reached Tanjiro's house and Kanao was greeted by his family. They walked in and both sat in the living room, Nezuko, Tanjiro's sister, was fixing Kanao's hair and clothing, Tanjiro and Kanao were talking, but Kanao was the listener type so she barely spoke. They played hand games and enjoyed being with eachother.

Kanao stayed at Tanjiro's house and the family considered her as a best friend. One day about 2 months after Tanjiro had brought her, they both sat out side. "Hey Kanao, what do you prefer, hugs or kisses?" Tanjiro asked,
"Hugs." She whispered, Tanjiro gave Kanao a big hug and told her,
"I'll give you all the hugs you want forever!"

"Thank you Tanjiro."