Chapter 32: 𝑩𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒔

☠︎︎𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉☠︎︎

"I don't think this is a good idea" she stated.

"You don't need to be scared, I'm here to protect you" I assured.

"You are injured, don't you need time to heal," she asked.

"That asshole insulted me in front of you, no one humiliates me and lives to tell the tale. I have to get out of here to get even and I don't want to wait any longer" I explained.

I grabbed her hand then took the key from her and opened the door reviling a long dark eerie hallway.

We started walking slowly checking for guards, a guard was walking through the hallway. I waited for him to get near then sneaked up behind him and twisted his neck.

I took the gun from him then we continued walking. We reached the staircase, I peeped up and saw a group of men sifted at a table drinking and playing cards.

I stared at Amanda the signaled her to remain quiet. I slowly started heading up the stairs as quietly as I could.

A drunk guy suddenly dropped his cup. When he turned around to check. He spotted me.

"Hey, they-" I didn't let him finish.

I shoot him dead then did the same to all his friends before they could shoot me. Great so much for a silent escape.

"Come on, I'm sure they heard the gunshots, we need to get out of here Now"I declared then held her hand and started running.

"Where did you learn to be such a sharpshooter," she asked as we ran through the hall.

"Uh I used to work as a hitman for my adoptive father" I replied.

I heard loud footsteps rushing our way, I quickly pushed Amanda into the nearest opened room and we ended up in belvis's study.

It was a typical study with a huge glass wall looking over the waterfall. It was nighttime and pouring outside.

"The view, It's almost as beautiful as your scared face right now, reminds me of the day we first met" I commented staring at her staring at the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me, hunter, we are in the middle of an escape and you have time to make such remarks" she complained.

"Oh come on, you know I'd never pass up the chance to remind you of how beautiful you are my love" I assured.

"Hunter come on" she was tagging my arm.

We started walking to the door when the room was filled with several men. I hide Amanda behind me then slowly backed up with my hands in the air.

"It's over Mr. Craver" one of them stated.

"Is it now" I mocked.

"Let's go back to your cage" the guy stated.

"I have a different idea" I replied then ducked under belvis's desk. Gun shoots went off

He was in a syndicate so of course, he would make sure his desk was bulletproof.

I held Amanda close shielding her with my body, she was trembling in my arms holding onto me so tightly.

I agree it was wrong of me to take advantage of such but I loved those moments, I loved when she was that close to me, I loved when she actually needed me to protect her, it made me feel needed, It made me feel like I really mattered to her.

' These shit for Brains are scaring my little vixen'