Chapter 100: Plane B

Third person POV

Panic spread across the room for a moment. Zack groaned pressing a hand on his abdomen firmly, the stab wasn't deep enough to have raptured any delicate organs.

"Zack" Amanda called. She put her hands out trying to feel her way in case there were obstacles around.

"I'm OK Amanda stay where you are, you might hurt yourself" he assured then bit down on his lip.

"The lights should be back in a minute. Until then no one should move" Brian ordered.

The room fell silent again a minute later the power as Brian had said came back. The light in the room had been shot so the source of light was coming from the elevator doors and the staircase.

Zack turned to Amanda who was staring blankly at the exit where Hunter had just used to walk out. She couldn't explain the feelings she was feeling at the time but confusion was also a part of it.

"Amanda" Zack called.

He walked to her and knelt in front of her. She stared at him with teary eyes.

"Zack w-hat have they done to him, he didn't even recognize me," she asked biting her now trembling lip.

" sir you were stabbed, we should get that taken care of "Brian spoke up standing behind his boss.

"He didn't stab me hard enough to cause internal bleeding. He just slightly grazed me. Brian that person they tested this machine out of did something like this happen as well" Zack asked hoping for a justifiable explanation.

Brian stayed quiet for a moment and paused trying to recall anything anyone might have mentioned. He sighed.

"No, the previous person wasn't tortured as badly as Mr. Hunter when he was there. I have no idea why this is happening, his memories seem to be scattered, I don't know why" he explained.

That reply just made Amanda panic more. She stood up wiping her tears, she felt something weighing on her heart, she wanted to try and make him remember her.

"I have to look for him" she stated and started walking towards the steps.

"Amanda wait" zack ordered holding her wrist as he stood up.

"Let go of me" she boomed snatching her hand away.

"We have to keep a clear mind, you saw the state he was in, running after him is foolish he might kill you-"

"He had a chance to kill me but he didn't, maybe it's just a side effect, he was in pain. He has to get treatment right now" Amanda screamed.

"She's right sir, in his state, who knows what he could do"Brian spoke up.

Zack stayed silent.

"I care about hunter just as much if not more than you do, I know him better than any of you so let me deal with Hunter for now. Brian gets Amanda out of here, the plan has changed" Zack ordered clenching his fist.

"I'm not leaving" Amanda screamed.

"Brian this is an order, get her out of here" Zack ordered.

"Yes sir" Brian agreed.

"No, I'm not leaving hunter behind" Amanda boomed.

Zack glanced at her and then started walking away. Behind him, Brian tried to approach Amanda but she backed away trying to run away.

"I'm sorry ma'am" Brian apologized.

"Zack you son of a bitch how dare you- Let me down Brian" Amanda screamed at the top of her lungs hitting Brian and wiggling out of his grip to try and get out of his hold.