Chapter 2: 𝑻𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅

☠︎︎Hunter's POV☠︎︎

Two weeks had passed since Amanda's arrival.

An angel I stumbled upon one stormy night,It had amused me how she was so petrified of her mother finding out she slept out than a man who could have killed her. Her innocence instantly had captivated me, consuming my every thought.

I had delved deep into her life, uncovering every detail I could find but even so She had remained a mystery, a puzzle begging to be solved. What had drawn me to her that night? It had been as if she had cast a spell, enchanting me completely.

When I had learned of her decision to move to Avelora, I had known it was time to make her mine.

Since that encounter when she tripped and fell because I startled her, I had avoided engaging her in conversation. Speaking to her had required finesse, a delicate dance I was more than capable of leading.

"Hunter," Zack's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"You should be more fearful of your life, what are you doing sleeping on the roof edge like that, what if you fall" he scolded.

I took out the cigarette from my mouth.

"You're just being paranoid," I huffed out the smoke and then sat up.

"You're just so unpredictable, you always make me paranoid," he remarked.

"How Could I die before I kill him?, That would be very disrespectful" I commented.

"What a gloomy thing to say. So, if he wasn't alive, would you leave me all alone in the world? How cruel of you," he remarked.

"What do you mean alone? You'd have all those girls to comfort you," I replied.

He grabbed my hand.

"Even if I had the entire population of girls around to keep me entertained, I would still be miserable because a world without my best friend is not worth living," he stated, staring into my eyes.

"Try that trick on someone who'd buy it," I started, removing my hand from his grip.

"I wasn't joking, but anyway, I received a call from the company. There is a problem with the shipments of the diamonds, and our suppliers called for a meeting," he explained.

Zack and I owned a jewelry and clothing company called H&Z, which had been very successful and had several branches around the continent. But what were two CEOs of a successful company doing back in college?

That was because Zack wanted to experience campus life but forced me to tag along, and he seemed so happy I could never say no to him. Both of us attended an online university and, as such, never experienced normal college life.

Zack was the only living person I fully trusted. How we met and how we became 'friends' was rather pathetic if you asked me but non the less to me Zack meant more than my own life.

"Let's do that tomorrow," I let out.

"That's fine by me. Anyway, how are things going with my sister-in-law? Have you spoken to her yet?" he asked.