Epilogue

YA'LL I WAS SO TEMPTED TO LEAVE THE EPILOGUE OUT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. KINDA LIKE IT BETTER W/O IT BUT ALSO IT'S A READER INSERT AND I FEEL LIKE KILLING YOU OFF W/O YOUR PERMISSION ISN'T V CHILL. SO I GUESS IT YOU'D LIKE TO LIVE...KEEP READING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring

Hizashi looked himself over in the still pool, eyeing the long scar that ran the length of this chest. He'd looked tired lately, perhaps it was the new scars or the stubble he hadn't yet found the energy to shave away. He ran a finger over the scar, even though there was no feeling in the thick rigid skin he still felt the phantom blade strike that had sliced him open. Shouta's gentle hand joined his, tracing light lines over the long, pale scar. Eventually catching up to Hizashi's hand, Shouta's wrapped around it and squeezed softly, pulling Hizashi's straying mind back to the present.

"Where'd you go?" Shouta asked, mumbling against Haizshi's bare chest.

"That's my line," Hizashi grinned sleepily, "Get your own."

Shouta chuckled and placed a series of kisses along Hizash's collar bone, pulling him closer against him. Shouta gazed up at Hizashi, the soft silver light of the moonlight blossoms above them made him look absolutely angelic. His flaxen hair paled even more, his bright green eyes glowing, and his skin smoothed. He looked content, more content than he'd looked in weeks. Shouta felt nearly whole in this very moment, Hizashi wrapped in his arms, the hot springs warming the still somewhat cool spring air. Nearly whole. You were missing, he realized.

Shouta pulled Hizashi backwards into the pile of furs and settled with Hizashi on top of him, pulling him down for a passionate kiss. Neither of them, Shouta could tell, was participating wholeheartedly. It was strange, it was a mixture of wanting Hizashi so badly it was nearly painful and missing such a large part of himself that he felt half empty. His hand roamed Hizashi's chest and back, traveling south until his fingers were hooked into the waistband of his pants.

"Sho," Hizashi sighed, shifting his weight. "We shouldn't-"

"Impatient." You hummed from the other side of the pool. "I nearly ran here and yet you two couldn't help but get ahead of yourselves."

Shouta pulled Hizashi by the hip flesh against him, Hizashi yelping. Hizashi was bright pink, flustered beyond belief, to the point where you could see it clearly from the other side of the hot spring. You were left with no choice, you had to go rescue your man. You slipped off your coat, kicked off your boots, lifted your tunic over your head, and pulled down your trousers. You dove in headfirst, the warm water soothing the slight chill that still clung to your skin in the early spring. When you surfaced at the platform, hands were already on you, two pairs pulling you from the water to the pile of furs and blankets surrounded by dim lanterns. Shouta ran a hand over your shoulders, massaging gently and he went, hand creeping downwards toward your breasts. He pressed kisses into your neck, Hizashi capturing your mouth with his. Shouta's hands grazed over the scar between your breasts, not nearly as impressive as Hizashi's, but still raised and pale.

"Shit," Shouta breathed against your neck, "I feel left out."

You let out a laugh that echoed around the cave.

"You feel left out because you don't have a chest scar?" You asked incredulously.

"Yeah," he sighed, "they're kind of hot."

"I'd be happy to stab you, Sho." Hizashi smiled against your lips. "With love of course."

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
Hello!
If you enjoyed my book Trials please consider leaving a tip at:
https://ko-fi.com/twotimesthetrials
This story took nearly 6 weeks of writing almost full time, and was a great labor of love. I'm more than happy to share it with the world and hope you love reading it as much as I loved working on it.