8. Articulate, but sexually inept

I looked up towards the highest floor of the building, then back at the scrap piece of paper with the address of the location I was standing at as if it bore a picture confirming I was at the right spot; this must the A.D.A. building, the address Atsushi wrote on the paper lead me here anyway. But where's the entrance?

Peering through the double glass-stained doors which seemed to lead to an ordinary cafe, I contemplated whether I should ask the workers behind the counter where I may find the headquarters I was seeking. I convinced myself to push through the doors and enter the cafe.

Besides a couple of people sitting around a table, the cafe was empty. There was a nice aura to it, though. Despite there not being many people around, the cafe was able to transmit a welcoming and comforting aura, making it almost feel like an offence to leave it without ordering a freshly brewed coffee.

'Thank you. It smells nice,' I complimented as the cup was set in front of me, the aroma of the hot drink providing my nostrils with delight. I brought this up by the handle and drank through pursed lips, first taking a small amount to savour the flavour and adjust my tastebuds to the newly introduced substance - I've never tasted coffee so flavoursome in my life.

But the delight of the solo moment was cut short when the double doors swung open, revealing a tall, slender, brunette man standing in a glorious stance by the door frame. The friends sat at the table seemed to bicker amongst themselves about his appearance, evident they had known each other - they must all be frequent customers.

Though I did not know him he made his way towards me, sat on the stool right beside mine and took my free hand in his. He caressed mine softly, and before he could either speak or allow me to question the alarming nature of the stranger's actions, a book was swat against the back of his head, automatically having him let go of my hand to attend to the pain on his head; that book seems familiar.

'Kunikida,' I let out, almost making it seem like a question as I tried recalling his name accurately.

He glanced back at me, the frown on his face seizing to have ever been present as he identified my character. 'Ah, [Y/N], good to see you. I see it worked.' he affirmed, recomposing himself and checking his watch. 'You're here to see Ranpo?'

I nodded. 'He's got something that belongs to me. I'm here to take it back.'

'Ranpo started collecting hearts, heh?' the brunette joked, receiving yet another hit from the blonde male.

'He's inside the office waiting for a delivery which should arrive in just a few moments. We'll call him down for you.'

'Wait, wait. Isn't this place a little too... communal?'

The brunette choked but did not have the male behind the bar offer him a glass of water to aid his recovery. The blonde male did not flinch to his coughing fit either. Is no one going to help him?

We simply waited for him to stop. He eventually did and complained about the lack of assistance he had, claiming he could've died before our very eyes.

'If you'd stop thinking such nasty thoughts perhaps you'd not need assistance in the first place,' the woman sat by the table with her friends spoke up, sighing as she did so. Her hair was cut into a neat bob with bangs covering her forehead, the red lipstick she wore complementing the darkness of her hair and paleness of her skin; she was beautiful. She smiled when she noticed I had glanced over. 'Mind him not. Dazai can't be helped.'

The door was knocked on, a shy familiar face looking in - Atsushi. With him was a girl which I estimated to be only just a few years younger than me - less than a handful - and they both held white thin cardboard boxes in their arms, piled like they had been competing against each other on who was able to carry the most boxes in their arms - their towers looked the same.