Prologue

"Chote I have selected 3 from the proposals Panditji brought. Have a look. " Devyani extended the photos to her grandson who was typing away furiously in his laptop.

"Leave it on the table Nani. I will see after finishing this. I don't know why you are insisting for a marriage when Di's marriage have set a bad impression about marriage in my mind." He replied curtly.

"You can change that impression looking at your parents, mama-mami, me and your nanaji 's marriages. In the case of Anjali the person whom she choose was wrong. That is why I want you to choose the right girl."

"You think these three are right for me? At first Di also thought he was right for her when his proposal came. I know why these many proposals are coming. People value only money Nani. And I have lots of money. I am their Golden ticket for a Luxurious life. But I don't want you or Di to be upset because of this. That is why agreed for a marriage in the first place. "

"We are not doing an emotional blackmail Chote. We want you to live a happy life. "

"You think I am unhappy now?"

"You are not happy Chote. Thinking about the company 24x7 and going on casual dates will not make any man happy. I want you to live for yourself. I want you to have a family of your own. In the last 14 years... "

Before Devyani could continue he interrupted.

"Ok.. Ok fine. Don't start now. You can call their families and fix a meeting with them."

With that he left the study room leaving his laptop open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Didn't I tell you to send Khushi away for sometime when that boy come to see Payaliya? I knew this will happen. " Madhumati shouted.

"Gigi why are you blaming Khushi? What is her fault in this?" Shasi tried to defend Khushi.

"I can't believe you are still taking her side. It was because of Khushi that boy refused Payal. Your daughter will be refused by all the boys if you are going to showcase that ungrateful girl infront of them. This is the 3rd boy who is refusing Payal. Poor Payaliya is hurt. Your own daughter is suffering because of your adopted princess. "

"I am not hurt buaji."

Payal's stern voice made them turn towards the door.

"Infact I am happy that he refused to marry me. Otherwise I had to turn that proposal down. Did you even hear what his father told? He was ready to marry Khushi without any dowry and if we want him to marry me then they need 20 lakhs dowry? For him and we both were interchangeable which was not at all acceptable. And please tell your panditji not to bring proposals from such cultureless family "

Payal stomped away without wanting to argue more. She stopped in front of the room she shared with Khushi. Her heart broke seeing her little sister crying.

"Khushi, you know how buaji is. Don't take her words to heart. It was not your fault. That guy was a moron. "

"I am really sorry gigi.. " Her voice was breaking in between sobs.

"Why you are sorry Khushi.. You think I am feeling bad because he refused me? No.. I swear I am not sad because of that. I am sad because my little sister had to listen to the taunts of buaji because of that moron. "

When Payal's words didnot change in Khushi, she went close to her and cupped her cheeks.

"My little sister.. Your gigi will meet her prince when your Devi Maiyya wishes. Until then I will wait. Now stop crying. We will go and eat golgappe. By the time we return buaji will calm down. "

Khushi smiled through tears and nodded.

Love,

ST